Question Does anyone like the Myride FF?

agave

I recently installed my almost 3 yr old's myride FF just to see how it fit. I'm not sure I like it. I love it RF and the kids seem pretty comfy too.

5592686198_ee652fba62.jpg

This is my 16 month old, it will be a very long time before she rides FF but she was my only model at the time.

5611304958_f641eed030.jpg

Is this much space between the carseat and the seat ok? The feet didn't touch the seat until I put a kid in it.

5611456792_aef315f9e9.jpg

The unhappy one will be 3 in 2 months, the picture is about a month old. Any guesses how much time she has RF in this seat?

ADS

Jillybeans5

I don't have a MR but haven't heard too many say they like it FF. I am pretty sure the feet have to be touching the seat before you put a child in it. I can't tell for sure from that angle but it looks like she has quite a bit of room left.

scariestone

You need to switch the feet on the bottom, that's why its so far away from the seat. ;) The MR installs really easily FF and I don't mind the recline. I just hate how far up it sits.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
You need to switch the feet on the bottom, that's why its so far away from the seat. ;) The MR installs really easily FF and I don't mind the recline. I just hate how far up it sits.

No, she has the feet out. That's right.

I loved the MR FF. Just recently we passed it down to DS2 and it's RF again, but this summer it was FF for my 4yo DS when we took a cross-country drive (~26 driving hours each way) and it was wonderful. The recline never bothered my DS, and he was so comfortable in it the whole way, easily sleeping in it for hours as we drove through the night.

NannyMom

I liked my My Ride forward facing. The only reason I sold it was because 2 seats had to go, and that one gave my daughter the least growing room forward facing.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
I like it FF. I haven't had a problem with it in either our Sedona or Regal when I've tried (or used) FF installs there. DS likes the recline. I'm comfortable with the install that I get in my vehicles...the recline isn't so great that I'd be terribly concerned.

My only complaint about this seat is wishing for a taller shell. DS is right at one inch from the top now. (The child has a ridiculously long torso.)

MommaWhitney

For every day no I wouldnt use it ff BUT its our spare in my MIL 2010 honda accord because it can fit both my oldest and yooungest (4.5yrs apart). My DD1 is almost 6 and is just getting to the "about to grow out of" stage. She doesnt mind the recline and it was GREAT for our 14hr ride to Disney that we did mostly at night were she slept.

And you do need to flip the feet at the bottom in. In for RF, out (like you have it) for FF. :)

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I have no problem with it FFing in my vehicle. DD didn't seem to mind either. We only did it once, but it worked out well. It is really high up though.

scariestone

And you do need to flip the feet at the bottom in. In for RF, out (like you have it) for FF. :)

Ok I was half right. :p I knew one of them was wrong as the feet were the same in both pics. I couldn't recall which was which though and was too lazy to look for the manual.

agave

It's nice to know someone likes it FF. The feet where touching when I took the kid back out I think the seat needed some time to recover from the dents from RF. I do have the feet in for RF. It is pretty high and I already occasionally bonk a head loading the kids into the car.

Is it ok to have that huge gap between the car seat and the seat back?

Do y'all think it's possible she has a year left RF? It would be nice to make it to 4 but I think I'd be ok with 3 1/2. I can try to get a better picture tomorrow.

Brianna

It's not that hard to get it with the feet closer to the back if you play with it, but it looks like she has plenty of time left RF

agave

I shoved it in pretty hard, the angles are just off, if I get the back close I'd be able to put the can under the feet.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
I shoved it in pretty hard, the angles are just off, if I get the back close I'd be able to put the can under the feet.

It looks just fine the way you have it in your original pics. I'm not at all concerned about that space between the back, it's just the shape of the car seat and the shape of your vehicle seat not matching up very well, but it doesn't affect the install/safety.

Definitely don't change it so the gap is under the feet instead of at the back.

mommycat

Ok I was half right. :p I knew one of them was wrong as the feet were the same in both pics. I couldn't recall which was which though and was too lazy to look for the manual.
BOTH the pics in the original post are of the seat installed FF, though.... I know the first one looks like it is RF, but that is just because of the crazy recline you get in the MR when the feet touch down - in my Civic the RF recline bubble was showing over-reclined when I had it in FF.

I don't really like it FF - the huge recline in my vehicle makes me uncomfortable. In DH's truck, it either overhangs or the feet float. Correction - I checked my old post and in the truck it always overhangs (I think maybe it has the same no overhang rule as the Nautilus?) and there is NO legroom. Graco US says the feet need to touch; Elfe Canada says this is not required. I am very uncomfortable with that lack of concensus wrt this issue. The thread the post below is linked from has some info on replies from CS about the acceptability of different installs.

Here's my old post with pics:
Ok, the pics.

MR in '07 Civic, back of seat flush then pushed down as much as possible. The feet just barely touch the seat cushion.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

MR in the Civic at a more "natural" position on the seat - holy cow! recline, and the feet don't make too much more contact. There is a bit more of a gap at the lower end of the seat back. The recline is just a little into the red (ie over 45 degrees reclined!):
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Now the '04 Silverado - the front seat is adjusted for where I feel most comfortable driving; I am 5'2". There is NO legroom! there are two tries, with and "w/o" headrest (headrest raised over top of MR shell), with the seat a little more reclined to contact seat without the headrest in the way:

headrest down, feet just touching a bit, slight overhang, seat is quite upright (just past the upright end of the green range)
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Headrest raised up, more overhang, more reclined:
ry%3D400

Tried it RF as well, I had to put the driver's seat more upright - I am not really comfortable sitting this way. This is about as upright as the MR can be to stay green.
ry%3D400

Here's the TF with the headrest down in place. Not a whole lot more legroom but maybe a bit better:
ry%3D400

The TF RF with the seat the way I would want it, It is not installed but it would be doable to make it install like this, and the belt might bring it a little away from the front seat.

Last edited:

agave

I was just coming to post. But hey, you made it much easier for me!

I actually read the other thread before trying my install. If I push the seat back any further those feet are going to come up. The angles just don't match up. Installing in the center would require getting rid of a kid so that's not going to happen. I'm going to try it out in the other cars today, maybe it will become my spare and I can get a Nautilus or something similar when I turn her.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I actually read the other thread before trying my install. If I push the seat back any further those feet are going to come up. The angles just don't match up.

Just try it. Yeah, it may not work, but it may work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC