Which is the better booster fit?

ADS

MOM25BOYS

I really like the belt fit of the YS and the head wings, but to me the GN looks to offer him a little more leg support. :twocents: Unless the belt fit is too high on the GN I would go with it, but if you aren't opposed to trying a different booster then maybe a Monterey in the future? Lot of leg support and nice headwings. :)

Can I just say that J has grown some long legs!! :D

ETA: I don't like the lap belt fit on the GN so scratch what I said, lol. I would definitely go with the YS for now :eek:

djma

From the side I like the YS, but from the front it looks like the belt is too close to his neck. Will that bother him?

My vote is for the GN. :eek:

crunchierthanthou

From the side I like the YS, but from the front it looks like the belt is too close to his neck. Will that bother him?

Does the headrest adjust? If so, bring it down a notch, and YS all the way. :) If not, I'd look for something different. The GN lap belt looks too high.

luckyclov

I don't like the lapbelt fit on the Nauti, either.

I say YS if the headrest can be knocked down a click. Then it'd be perfect.

arly1983

Does the headrest adjust? If so, bring it down a notch, and YS all the way. :) If not, I'd look for something different. The GN lap belt looks too high.

Yes, it does. I went and played with the actual seatbelt adjuster and now it looks perfect.

I guess you guys can't see his feet but in the YS his feet almost touch the floor. I think it makes a difference in how he sits in it more naturally with his butt all the way back.

Now I just have to go rethread and unthread harnesses....yay...

ETA: in the first YS pic from the side the seatbelt adjuster was on the lowest setting and I *think* the shoulder placement was perfect. In the second pic, I played with it and moved it up but it did move it too close to his neck.

Kat_Momof3

they're both good, but of course I prefer the Recaro... the lapbelt fit is a bit better and I love the head support.

but given that he has ASD and will have very strong preferences in so many things, I'd ask him what HE thinks (assuming he can tell you and communicate the reasons why)... not just which one he likes better, but what he likes about them, so that when/if you do buy a dedicated booster, it will be easier to find one he'll like.

he's got nice wide shoulders... so I'd guess that the monterey would fit him... and provide good leg support (he looks leggy, too)... and if you DO end up needing more restriction, they have special needs version of it

arly1983

they're both good, but of course I prefer the Recaro... the lapbelt fit is a bit better and I love the head support.

but given that he has ASD and will have very strong preferences in so many things, I'd ask him what HE thinks (assuming he can tell you and communicate the reasons why)... not just which one he likes better, but what he likes about them, so that when/if you do buy a dedicated booster, it will be easier to find one he'll like.

he's got nice wide shoulders... so I'd guess that the monterey would fit him... and provide good leg support (he looks leggy, too)... and if you DO end up needing more restriction, they have special needs version of it

All good ideas. Thanks and esp. for the last part!

DJMA has a monterey and when we go to his doc's appt we will be staying with her so I am hoping that we can borrow it for a bit to see what he thinks and how he fits.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC