pronto booster questions..

Baylor

I got it yesterday for 25.00.. great deal. Here are a few questions I have..

First, The belt positioner on the head rest is just that correct? It is something that may break in a crash and that would be okay because it has already done it's job? I ask because it is one unit, The head rest and belt loops on the headrest. So same plastic.. Not overly stiff.

Second.. GC 2001 In my third row, The seat belt does not really come from behind the seat unless I move the whole bench closer to the second row in the van. I really don't want to do that if I don't have to. The belt comes more from the side, Once in the positioner and buckled, It is okay on him.. But it bothers me that it comes from a more forward position.

Thanks!

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm really confused by your first point. Can you explain it further, or contrast it with what you're seeing that's different from your Nautilus?

And can you post a photo of the second?

Baylor

It just seems that all the shoulder belt positioners I see are red and seem to be different, Harder plastic. I don't care about the color, But it is more flimsy than the one on the GN.

Yes. I will get a picture of the seat when I pick up my son.

TerisBoys

One thing to be aware of with the Pronto is that it (and all Dorel/Cosco/Safety 1st/Eddie Bauer highback bpbs) is that it requires head support behind the seat up to the child's ears. I know the GC has adjustable headrests, but if you're thinking of this as a travel/spare seat, you'll want to make sure that any other vehicle he uses it in has adequate support as well. In this case, the back of the booster is more of a positioning aide/comfort item than true protection.

Baylor

One thing to be aware of with the Pronto is that it (and all Dorel/Cosco/Safety 1st/Eddie Bauer highback bpbs) is that it requires head support behind the seat up to the child's ears. I know the GC has adjustable headrests, but if you're thinking of this as a travel/spare seat, you'll want to make sure that any other vehicle he uses it in has adequate support as well. In this case, the back of the booster is more of a positioning aide/comfort item than true protection.

Thanks, When I asked about it last week, Someone told me that. I have the headrest adjusted for it. I am getting him a Monterey for full time boostering.. this is just a tied over spare seat for now. He will only use it for going to and from school.

Kat_Momof3

the plastic coloring is just that... coloring... otherwise, no different.

as long as the belt isn't getting twisted or stuck, it doesn't matter if it's coming from in front of it (in fact, in vehicles with seatbelts like that, boosters are the best things to put there, besides harnessed seats)

Baylor

Thanks.. I don't love this booster.. I am just trying it out because it was cheap and wanted one for short trips..

luckyclov

The guide on the booster is there to guide/route the seatbelt for proper positioning, so as long as the belt isn't bunched or twisted and compromising retracting ability, it doesn't matter where it originates from.

Baylor

Yeah.. Not in like with this booster. It does not feel safer than a LBB at all. I worry like others about misuse because of the headrest support needed.

I am not keeping it. Just using it around my neighborhood.

christineka

Yeah.. Not in like with this booster. It does not feel safer than a LBB at all. I worry like others about misuse because of the headrest support needed.

I am not keeping it. Just using it around my neighborhood.

Well, that's what you can expect of a $25 booster. The graco turboboosters are better, but still feel flimsy after a nautilus or vivo. I still think the monterey would be the best choice for your ds and you.

Baylor

I just wanted to try it. He is in a LBB for rides to and from school. I liked that this makes the belt more stable. I was using the guide on the LBB anyway.

I think it is a 34.99 booster regularly the big kid there was 39.99 so it is not what I would think is cheap enough that someone would think that it was not in the same class. I don't think it would even occur to people that it needs head support. I know it is in the manual and they should be read but I think most people think boosters are the easiest of the seats to deal with.

christineka

I don't think it would even occur to people that it needs head support. I know it is in the manual and they should be read but I think most people think boosters are the easiest of the seats to deal with.

At the seat check, lorismurph brought it up to the head lady. She was surprised. High back boosters are generally given out if there is no head support in the vehicle and backless if there is. She had no idea that some high back boosters still needed vehicle support.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC