What size is your child?

Pixels

Age, weight, standing height, seated height, torso size, size in shirts, size in pants. Also, if you feel your child has a long torso or whatever you can include that too. :)

I'm trying to get a better feel for "normal."

ADS

Pixels

DD: 2y11mo, 30 pounds, 14.75 inch torso, 3T tops, 2T pants.
DS: 2mo, 14 pounds, 22.25 inches, 12 inch torso, 9 month tops, 0-3 month pants. Long torso for sure.

MomToEliEm

DD#1, 9 years old, 4'7", 62 pounds, 21.5" torso height - size 12 pants, 14 shirt. She has a long torso.

DD#2, 6.5 years old, 4'1", 48 pounds, 18" torso height - size 8 pants, size 8-10 shirt. She does not have a long torso.

Last edited:

JOII

DS - 6y2m, 47", 38lbs, 16" torso, 5 shirts, 7 slim pants. -He is VERY thin and VERY leggy.
DD1 - 3y4m, 37", 36lbs, 13" torso, size 4 (both) -Short torso? Overall she is short and stocky.
DD2 - 1y5m, 30.5" 22lbs" 12" torso, 18 month clothes (both) -Id guess average in the torso. She is an overall small girl :)

Last edited:

AtTheSouthDam

DD1, 7 years, 6 months, 70#, 53", 20" torso, not sure on sitting height, wears a 10/12 in shirts, 8+ in pants. She is taller than average and has a long torso.

DD2, 4y, 9 months, 38-40#, 43", 13.5-14" torso, not sure on sitting height, wears 3/4 in shirts, 5 slim in pants. I think she has a short torso :)

babygirlsmom1005

DD: 5 1/2 years old, 38 lbs, 43 inches tall,15.5 inch torso (18 inch inseam - she is all legs). Wears size 5 slim pants for the length and I still have to tack some of them in. Wears anywhere from a size 4-6 top depending on the cut/length of it.

DS: 2 years old (will be on 4/22), 23 lbs, 32 inches tall, 12 inch torso. Wears 18 month clothes (can still wear some 12 month clothes too).

scatterbunny

9 years, 9 months old
100-105 pounds (she fluctuates a lot lately)
5 feet 1 inch tall

Unsure of exact torso height, but she's too tall for all highback boosters except the Frontier, so I'd guess 22+ inches.

In kids/girls, she can wear size 14-16 or XL, in juniors tops she wears medium most often, but sometimes small, depending on the cut of the shirt. In juniors pants she wears anywhere from a 5-7, again depending on the cut. In leggings she usually needs juniors medium, which is usually size 7-9. She wears women's size 9-10 shoes now. :eek:

smackeen

DS#1 5.5yr, 44in, 15in torso & 41lbs. Size 5 for both pants and shirts. Very slender and usually need pants with adjustable waists.

DS#2 3yr, 33in, 14in torso & 29lbs. Size 2-3 for both. Really depends on how it is cute.

DS#3 14 mo, 30in, 13in torso & 24lbs. 18-24 months for both.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
9y1m, 51", 65#, size 10 in both shirts and pants, ~18.5" torso (I actually measure it at 19", but I know that she can JUST fit in a Nauti). She used to have a long torso but doesn't any more.

New grandma

GS1: 3 yr. 1 mo., 40" and 33 lbs. He wears a 3T pants (starting to get short) and 4T or 4 shirt. I don't know his torso height.

Mysweethoneybee

My kids aren't normal except for maybe the oldest and only one is in a carseat.

DS#3 age 3.5 46" 62# torso 19.5+ size 7 or 7/8 shirts just outgrew size 5 pants by length.

armywife12

3yrs 8 months, 42 inches, about 43lbs, 16.25 inch torso. Don't know seated height. Wears size 4-5 shirts and 4T/4/5 pants.

kate4478

DS is 3 years 11 months, 29lbs and 36 1/2". Not sure of his torso but very short! Anyone know what the 2nd slot from the bottom on a classic MA is? He's right at or a hair under it.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

NannyMom

Sofi is 4 years 6 months. 33-34 pounds, 40 inches tall, with a 15 inch torso height. She wears size 5t shirts and has just grown into 4t pants (by length). I think she has an average torso, but short legs.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Mali will be six in July. She's 43" tall and 38 pounds, wears a size 7/8 shirt, and size 5 pants. She has a long torso; she has long outgrown the Radian and Complete Air ;)

Scarlett just turned 4. She's 38" tall and 29 pounds, wears a 4/5 shirt, and size 4 pants. I think she has an average torso; she's on the top slots of her Radian with about an inch to grow.

Bodhi will be 2 in July. He's 32" tall and 20 pounds, wears size 12-18m shirts and size 18m pants. He's got an average torso, I think. He's in his Coccoro with about 3" of shell above his head, and has about half an inch of growing room in his Safe Seat.

fyrfightermomma

E will be 6 this summer. 47", 35 lbs, 7 shirt, 6 pants. Torso is 17". Long legs

S is just 4. 41", 40 lbs. 5 shirt, 5 pants. Torso is 16". Long torso

J is 13 months. 34", 30 lbs, size3 shirt, 2 pants, 14-15" torso. Long torso

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC