Rant...

stokessn

We're trying to figure out the perfect car seat for our second car. I get a little obsessive and have been reading on this website a LOT. DH is not willing to research. He tells me to get whatever I want, but at the same time complains if things aren't exactly the way he thinks they should be. I want something that he likes, is comfortable with and will use properly. (Sounds reasonable, right?)

So, I install one of the options (CA65) in our car and ask DH to check it out. (DS was in the seat.) He goes to the seat, grabs it at the top, and yanks it with both hands - pulling it to the side. And for that reason, he doesn't like the seat. Oy!!! I try to explain that that's not how you check an installation, and that in a crash it would be okay for the seat to tilt, that DS would still be protected by the seat. He doesn't buy it, or he does, just mentions that he likes our primary seat better (he complains about the RadianXTSL all the time!)

So I try a friend's RA55. They do install easily! I asked him to go take a look (this time w/o child) and he does the same thing! Oy!!!

If I didn't care about DH feeling comfortable, I'd just get a Scenera and be done with it. But that feels flimsy, DH won't drive more than a few blocks with DS, etc, etc.

ADS

BabyKaykes

Was the RA55 tethered? If so, he wouldn't be able to pull it over. If him being comfy means no movement, then get a seat that has a RF tether like your Radian, and the Britax convertibles.

posted from my iPhone, please excuse the auto-correct!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
:(

Can you go see a tech, who will explain to him the physics of a crash, how it's supposed to move, and how to check for tightness? (IE, that EVERY seat will move at the top if you yank it sideways, and that's normal and expected?)

I know you've told him, but sometimes coming from an "expert" guys will take it better, lol.

BabyKaykes

Also I've found that most men know only ONE word when it comes to car seats -"RECARO"!

:ROTFLMAO:

Pepse

BabyKaykes said:
Also I've found that most men know only ONE word when it comes to car seats -"RECARO"!

Lol

We are in Canada and don't even have recaro and since we had dd 4 years ago, that is all he talks about. He wants to go to the states to buy on

monica-m

CPST Instructor
BabyKaykes said:

That was my DH before I got in to car seats. That is why DS rides in Comos in DH's car and my mom's car.

andre149

Recaro seats are DH friendly only because of the name, it really has nothing to do with the car seat lol. I would take him, a seat, and your child to a tech... get them to explain it to him, in my experience he won't listen to you anyways, because he's got to be right about it and research means nothing :rolleyes: lol.

stokessn

I don't think that the name Recaro would sway him. I'm wondering if I should just get a RA55 for the VW since it tethers RF and it's solid like the Radian. The Radian installs so nicely in the Focus (much more upright than in the Jetta). I HATE how high the RA55 sits up. I know that DS CAN climb in it by himself, but the idea of loading him when he's being stubborn is annoying.

The CA actually fit in the Jetta nicely, but DH is more comfortable with the Radian in the primary car, so that won't happen.

Anyone in Austin have mad skills in getting a Radian upright in the center of a Jetta with plether seats? It slides back into the seat blight after I install.

DH took the car to be checked by a tech when we had an infant seat in. He's still convinced that he knows better. He's a bit infuriating at times...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC