The Disappearing MyRide????

Chila88

So my Walmart used to carry the MR...it's gone. Both of my local Zellers no longer have it. BRU and Sears seem to be the only local places with it anymore. So what is the deal? Has anyone heard anything from Graco? This seat isn't being phased out or anything is it???

I find it suprising that with the new recommendations a seat with a high rf limit like this wouldn't be more in-demand which is why I'm a little concerned! :(

ADS

tam_shops

Isn't it that time of year where the stores clear things out to make room for new stock. Is it possible that they are just *out* vs they will no longer be carrying them anymore?

tam

selinajean

I know that my Zellers has it removed completely and they have brought in a huge line of new dorel seats. I called the WalMart in the neighbouring town and she said that they aren't carrying it anymore. (No SKU in the system for more stock to come in.) :thumbsdown:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Last time I looked in our system at work the My Ride was still active. I was at superstore today and they had it in stock for $160 - no clue what the DOM on it was though.

Kendrab2315

I saw it at one of the super center walmarts that I was in today but not in the other. I also saw it at Target within the past week... hth!

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Our Walmart says they are not currently carrying them.:thumbsdown: They also said too bad since they were the best selling convertible they had. I did see one at Zellers today but the DOM was a year old. It had a red sticker on it saying $200 which isn't really a very good sale. And our superstore has them also at full price with DOMs that are about a year old.

mommycat

I sure hope they don't disappear from general-access stores. It was so nice to see them in the Walmart/Zellers. I do know that it is HQ/etc that decides what seats come in store, because I have asked about the lineups in the past at both Zellers and Walmart. Our SS and Sears don't carry seats, so CT, Zellers and Walmart are IT aside from the new baby store (it does carry the MR, as well as SK seats, yay).

amelia222

I sure hope they don't disappear from general-access stores. It was so nice to see them in the Walmart/Zellers. I do know that it is HQ/etc that decides what seats come in store, because I have asked about the lineups in the past at both Zellers and Walmart. Our SS and Sears don't carry seats, so CT, Zellers and Walmart are IT aside from the new baby store (it does carry the MR, as well as SK seats, yay).

Which new baby store is this? (I have a preggo friend in NS)

mommycat

It's Go As You Grow Kids Gear in New Minas (Annapolis Valley). Up till now, I think the only baby stores that carry seats are in HRM. There hasn't been any small stores in this area up till now. This one only has a few seats (MR, Radian, Monterey, TBs and I think the Peg infant seat) but they also have strollers, highchairs, cribs/pens, some cloth or biodegradable diapering, organic toys, mat wear, kids shoes, etc. Cool little things. The website doesn't really show anything. They will let you try in the car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC