Do you love or not so much love the CA?

Laurelz

I just got the CA65LX in Rio Grande for my youngest. And I've installed it, but haven't "used" it... I'm just tyring to figure out if I should love it or send it back?! I don't know... but do you have one? Did you love it, hate it? He was normally in a Radian. Confused :(

ADS

hrice

I don't have the LX version but I really like my CA. It is a little bit of a pain to install and I have to use a rolled towel but day to day use is very easy. The harness is a breeze lo loosen/tighten and my kiddo is very comfy in it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I can't stand it, and that's just the floor model that has the harness covers always getting stuck up behind the back of the seat...but that's just my 2 bit opinion, I wouldn't buy it to give it a fair chance, so maybe I'd learn to love it? ;). I far prefer seats with rebound management (top tethers, anti rebound bars) for older RFing kids, anyway (Radian, Britax, True Fit Premier)

momtotwogirls

I wouldnt say I LOVE it but I dont hate it either. I like it for the purpose it it tall enough to keep my 4 yr old rear facing but she complains that harness hurts her neck. My 2 yr old on the other hand jsut has narrow shoulders because the harness doesnt even touch her neck when she is in it.

ericarizo

I have owned a total of 4 and have LOVED all of them. The RF install is a PITA at first but once you get used to it everything is a breeze.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm on my second one. The first one was the regular 50lb version, and now I have the 50lb LX. It's my favorite seat.

My only complaint, and it's not a big deal at all, is the straps. If DH puts DS in his seat, it's easy to get the straps twisted in the buckle tongue. I just take it and run the tongue up and down the straps quickly a couple of times before I buckle him in, and it flattens them out. I'm really hoping to put him in a CA in my car once he outgrows his Coccoro--otherwise my only option is a Radian, and I really don't want that.

hrice

I'm on my second one. The first one was the regular 50lb version, and now I have the 50lb LX. It's my favorite seat.

My only complaint, and it's not a big deal at all, is the straps. If DH puts DS in his seat, it's easy to get the straps twisted in the buckle tongue. I just take it and run the tongue up and down the straps quickly a couple of times before I buckle him in, and it flattens them out. I'm really hoping to put him in a CA in my car once he outgrows his Coccoro--otherwise my only option is a Radian, and I really don't want that.

I had that problem and called Safety First and they sent me a new set. The straps were thicker and NO MORE TWISTS!

Emi's Mommy

I'm on my 2nd(just the regular version) and I love mine. I found it quite easy to install and Emi is very comfy in it. I wish it had strap covers but it's not the end of the world.

My first one had a July 2010 manufacture date and my current one has a January 2011 date. The newer ones have a better buckle and the buckle tounges make it harder to twist. I've never had a twisted strap.

I just wish we had better covers in Canada. I want the pink one sooo badly!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Oh interesting, I didn't know the newer ones had better straps. I might see about getting the Rio one for my car, since I think it will go well with my Flora radian :cool:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have a love-hate relationship with it.

I love the height and the air poofs.

I HATE the harness. I despise the continuous nature of it and the harness covers that you have to hold down lest they roll back into the shell. (Though I didn't experience twistiness.)

I hated the harness so much that when my daughter puked all over the seat I used it as an excuse to throw it away.

But now she needs a new seat, and I'm probably going to get her another one. I've decided that the air pillows make enough sense that I'm willing to put up with the PITA harness.

Laurelz

Oh interesting, I didn't know the newer ones had better straps. I might see about getting the Rio one for my car, since I think it will go well with my Flora radian :cool:

It would pair beautifully w/ the flora! :love: If only i had a girl...

I'm just torn between this ca and possibly a marathon70? Although I like how low it sets like the radians.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I have a love-hate relationship with it.

I love the height and the air poofs.

I HATE the harness. I despise the continuous nature of it and the harness covers that you have to hold down lest they roll back into the shell. (Though I didn't experience twistiness.)

I hated the harness so much that when my daughter puked all over the seat I used it as an excuse to throw it away.

But now she needs a new seat, and I'm probably going to get her another one. I've decided that the air pillows make enough sense that I'm willing to put up with the PITA harness.

You could get a newer 50lb limit one, without the stupid harness covers, but with the better buckles and thicker straps :)

I have no desire for the 65lb version since I highly doubt any of my kids would make it anywhere near even 50 lbs before outgrowing it by height, and I'm not interested in the harness covers which I hear are a PITA.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It would pair beautifully w/ the flora! :love: If only i had a girl...

I'm just torn between this ca and possibly a marathon70? Although I like how low it sets like the radians.

Hi from DS :love:

My original plan when I bought my CA was to get a Rio Grande, but it had just come out and was only in a couple of stores, none of which would ship to AK :rolleyes: Now I really want one though, since DS will be outgrowing that CCO before too long.

armywife12

We really like it. I don't like the thin straps and how close they are to each other but my son didn't seem to mind it. I like it a heck of a lot more than the xtsl I had.

NannyMom

I don't love it, but I really like it. It's not my 1st choice of seats, but it is high up on my list. I like that it RFs tall. I like the premium latch clips. I even like the way it installs RF (and I don't use noodles, I wedge it into the seatback). I love the harness adjuster for RF. I love how high the harness is compared to other convertibles. I don't like that the headrest pushes the head forward a bit. I don't like how thin it feels :eek:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
An Aurora said:
You could get a newer 50lb limit one, without the stupid harness covers, but with the better buckles and thicker straps :)

I have no desire for the 65lb version since I highly doubt any of my kids would make it anywhere near even 50 lbs before outgrowing it by height, and I'm not interested in the harness covers which I hear are a PITA.

Oh, I guess I need to research it more. I didn't know there still were 50s. I don't plan on using it FF, so that would be fine.

mamakc

I have an original CA and a CA65LX and I love them both. It's true that all seats have their quirks, it's just which ones are worth dealing with. I replaced DS's radian w/ the CA too & found I loved the CA so much more than the radian. It was a trade off between not having anti-rebound tethering or not wanting to scream and kick the seat and/or take it out and slam it on the ground and kick it repeatedly every time I used it (that was me w/ the radian)...

The Flora does look beautiful next to the Rio CA65LX.. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC