Booster Footrest Idea

Yoshi

Just thought I would share my idea once more since I did awhile back and someone tried it and really liked it. Many of you have suggested pillows, foam coolers, sleeping bags in their stuffsacks, but I found a cheap and easy footrest that works great- it is also safe and adjustable. Best part is that it can just get hosed off when dirty and is pretty indestructo :thumbsup:

Take a really long pool noodle (or two shorter ones) and cut them into 6 equal lengths as wide as the car's footwell area. Usually about 18" is right. Stack them in a pyramid shape and use x- large rubber bands or cordage (shoelaces, clothesline, whatever you have) and connect them together. You can make it flat or triangular or add more noodles depending on what works better. We've used ours now for 2 years and it hasn't fallen apart yet!
Pics:

100_7544-1.jpg

100_7545.jpg

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Plus you've got toys if you suddenly need to go swimming!

No, really, that's a good idea. Nice and compact.

mlohry

I found a light weight stool, but this is good, because you can make it as tall as you need it.

Kat_Momof3

you know, I bet with the noodles, you could put a thread or bungee cord through one and then hook the bungee cord or tie the thread material (yarn, whatever) to the underside of the vehicle seat so it wouldn't go flying up the front of the vehicle in a crash.

You have me inspired... Ruthie was asking for her footstool today, but Jeffrey had asked for his back for in the bathroom, so I would need to pick up a new one or buy a noodle or two when I go to the dollar store to take care of easter...

Yoshi

you know, I bet with the noodles, you could put a thread or bungee cord through one and then hook the bungee cord or tie the thread material (yarn, whatever) to the underside of the vehicle seat so it wouldn't go flying up the front of the vehicle in a crash.

You have me inspired... Ruthie was asking for her footstool today, but Jeffrey had asked for his back for in the bathroom, so I would need to pick up a new one or buy a noodle or two when I go to the dollar store to take care of easter...

Since it's in the footwell, I doubt it's going anywhere (unless your roll). In reality, I can hit myself in the face with this and it really truly doesn't hurt;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC