3 Across in 2008 Mazda Tribute (Ford Escape)

Marn13

Ok, so here is the deal. Dh and I are expecting our first in November and have found a 2008 Mazda Tribute (basically the Ford Escape) that we are thinking of buying. We will be wanting to do 3 across occasionally when we have our 2 DSDs 7 (riding in Graco HBB) and 4 (in Frontier XT (85)). I'm trying to figure out what infant seat will work best if any. I'm open to going straight to a Radian, figure that might be whats best for middle seat?
DH and I are both tall, he is just over 6ft and I am 5'10 so the seats will have to be pretty far back...
We do live in Canada so the CC and other seats are out, I posted here because this side seems to get more traffic.
TIA!!!

ADS

cookie123

If the 08 is the same as the 05, I find the Radian unusable behind the driver. It works okay in the middle but protrudes between the front seats. A short person can sit in the passenger seat with the Radian behind it. It does not install ff well in my car - leather seats. They always have more than an inch of movement front to back at the belt path.

I've used the Chicco Keyfit in a 3 across with a Marathon and a Graco Cargo. With boosters, I've used the Turboboosters outboard and the Radian in the middle. It's difficult getting the kids into the TBs. They have to sit down, then you have to pull them over and get the belt buckled, then slide them back over and get the belt tight. It isn't fun. I've hurt my back a couple of times.

Things I don't like about the Tribute - the back is kind of noisy, also there's a lot of wind noise - I have to turn my book on CD way up. I'm sure people think I'm deaf!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC