Playing Seats

scoutingbear

Okay. Help me brainstorm. M is riding in a scenera that will expire in December. We plan on having a nanny at least for another year, so replacing it is a must. I also have an almost 5 year old who is booster training (and usually rides better than his 7 year old brother. :rolleyes: ) Help me figure out seats for these children! I will list all vehicles and seats currently riding in. If you can figure out something I'm missing, then please, suggest away! I can move seats around from the different cars, but each car needs its own set of seats to stay with it.

Car 1 (My car. Primary ride...well, sorta)
A: HB Turbo (on last headrest position)
M: RF Radian (on 1st slots :whistle: )
C: GN (on top harness position...even when in reline mode :eek: but I can squeeze more time out of the seat at the most upright setting)

Car 2 (Dh's car. All 3 kids are in it usually on the weekends only. The rest of the time it is usually just one of the big kids). I have mixed feelings about both kids being boostered in this car. It does have side airbags.
A: NB Harmony Literider
M: RF Coccoro
C: HB Turbo

Car 3 (My parents car. It is MUCH easier for them to have their own set of seats for the kids.)
A: HB Turbo (again, on the top headrest position)
M: RF MR (the coccoro, radian don't work. Dad HATES the scenera install)
C: GN (again, top position)

Car 4 (Nanny car. Next school year both big kids will be in school full time so just the baby will be riding all the time.)
M: RF Scenera (needs to be replaced)
A: RSTV (C also fits in this)
C: FF Radian (Just about even with top slots. I know about the 1" over rule)

ADS

abigaylebelle

Could the nanny's car have a rf radian, rstv for the 5yo, then a booster for the 7yo? Alternatively, could the radian rf in your husband's car and the coccoro could go with the nanny?

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I think give thhe radian to the baby. For either dh or nanny car. Buy 1 taller booster for oldest for main car. Monterey, probooster or parkway.

How is the headsupport in all the cars? Can the oldest go backless or will you need more higher hbb? What are all the cars? Would help to know what you are needing 3 across in.

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

scoutingbear

I think give thhe radian to the baby. For either dh or nanny car. Buy 1 taller booster for oldest for main car. Monterey, probooster or parkway.

How is the headsupport in all the cars? Can the oldest go backless or will you need more higher hbb? What are all the cars? Would help to know what you are needing 3 across in.

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

Headsupport in the 3 cars is not a problem (mine, dh's, nanny). The only position without head support is the middle of the nanny car and right now either child in the RSTV doesn't need it, but when they do, I *might* be able to put the baby in the middle with being able to buckle a booster next to it. (Hence the Radian and Scenera being outboard at this time.)

The 3 cars are:
Mine: '05 Highlander
Dh: '09 Murano
Nanny: not sure of year Chevy 4 door sedan (yup. i'm really good with cars. ;) )

Keep the suggestions coming. I don't mind buying new seats, but every car (except my parents) is a 3 across situation and I don't want to over buy....I might have to go live with my seats in a cardboard box somewhere if I do!

Kat_Momof3

Okay... I'd leave 2&3 same, but what I'd do with the nanny's car is going to be shown in red

Car 4 (Nanny car. Next school year both big kids will be in school full time so just the baby will be riding all the time.)
M: RF Scenera (needs to be replaced) - switch to rf Radian or new girly scenera if the radian doesn't fit rf
A: RSTV (C also fits in this) - Turbobooster from primary car unless radian doesn't fit rf
C: FF Radian (Just about even with top slots. I know about the 1" over rule) - RSTV unless Radian doesn't fit rf

then, for the primary car, the only one I'd change is A.... I'd get him a Parkway SG/SGL for additional height if the radian doesn't fit rf or, even if it does, to give him more time in a highback booster if you want one that will do that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC