No techs in Quebec?

son.et.lumiere

I'm on the south shore of Montreal and I can't seem to find any certified technicians. I just installed a Marathon in my vehicle and I would like to have it double checked. It's installed very tightly, but my backseat is apparently not even and the seat seem to lean to the right. It's making me nervous and I'd like to have someone check it out.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
There are a bunch of techs in Ottawa if you're ever there. Sorry I can't help you with anything closer.

mommycat

Are you installing with UAS or seatbelt? If you are using the seatbelt and locking at the retractor, the shoulder belt may be pulling your seat over. A slight tilt is not a safety issue but it ca be annoying and may mean that your install will become unacceptable over time. Using the lockoffs instead of locking the shoulder belt can fix this.

son.et.lumiere

It's installed using the seatbelt and the seat's built-in lockoff. I thought it might be the the shoulder belt at first, but it's not. I had to put a rolled up towel under the seat to get a tight install, but the leaning seems to be fairly pronounced. The CAA website says that a local police station does carseat checks, so I will have to call and see if they are certified.

mommycat

Do you have it installed center or outboard? One or both lockoffs? I can see a seat tipping from being pushed down unevenly before locking off, or maybe it just shifts on one side - using both lockoffs may help?

I hope you find someone local, I remember how much better I always felt after a seat check. In the meantime, though, we can help you troubleshoot as well. Are you able to post a picture? And, as I said before, some amount of lean is ok.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC