Save on kids clothes!!

aclayton74

I am now addicted to a website called www.thredup.com!! It is a clothes swapping site. I have received two boxes so far and they were stuffed with like new clothes for Aiden!! In the two boxes there were 18 pairs of shorts, 6 sets of jammies and 19 shirts!! I know if you sign up now your first box is free.

If this is in the wrong area can you please move it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

ntrenary

Has anyone else tried this? I've thought about it, and signed up, but the boxes they sent me are pretty small (medium flat rate). They send the boxes for free and when you buy a box from someone else you have to pay $15 each. I do a lot of shopping at thrift stores and I'm thinking I can get more for my money that way than through thredup. But, I haven't actually tried thredup so I really don't know, ya know.:)
I guess it would be a good way to get rid of clothing your kids have outgrown, but I'm not sure it's a good way for *me* to get new to me clothes.

aclayton74

I was actually amazed at how much you can fit in the flat-rate boxes. I sent a box that has 12 size 14 T-Shirts, 4 pair of cargo shorts and 2 pairs of swim trunks.

Kendrab2315

I just signed up with your referral code. I usually yard sale so I get clothes REALLY cheap BUT... I do have clothes in the sizes that are "hard to find" so I can get additional credits so we'll see :)

aclayton74

I just signed up with your referral code. I usually yard sale so I get clothes REALLY cheap BUT... I do have clothes in the sizes that are "hard to find" so I can get additional credits so we'll see :)

I have listed alot of my teenagers clothes lately so I have gotten quite a few credits. I got a box today that had 22 size 5T shirts mostly Gymboree and with my credits I paid $2.76 for the box!! Also Thredup sends out codes for up to 30% off from time to time also if you buy from new members the boxes are automatically 20% off.

aclayton74

Since I posted this I have bought 11 boxes of clothes and have listed 12 boxes which were all picked!! Alot of the clothes I listed were in the harder to find sizes like 10/12/14/16 which I got $4.00 credits for. So I have only paid the full $15.00 for about 3 boxes. I buy alot of my boxes from the newer members so I can get the 20% off the price of the box.

I will say of the 11 boxes I have only been disappointed in one box. The other ten made up for it though. It is really amazing how much you can put in the boxes if you roll the clothes tightly.

vrclay

Are there any tricks to searching that I'm missing? I feel like I spent a long time looking for things and was disappointed with what was listed. I thought it would be easier to search for specific things like raincoat, snow boots, etc. but the searches don't turn up much - I guess I'm spoiled by ebay. It just seems so hit or miss with the boxes and like so much to search through. I even tried searching by brands that I like - Carter's LL Bean, etc. but still the search results are strange. Honestly, if I'm going to have to wade through stuff, I may as well spend the time at a thrift store.

Any suggestions?

aclayton74

Are there any tricks to searching that I'm missing? I feel like I spent a long time looking for things and was disappointed with what was listed. I thought it would be easier to search for specific things like raincoat, snow boots, etc. but the searches don't turn up much - I guess I'm spoiled by ebay. It just seems so hit or miss with the boxes and like so much to search through. I even tried searching by brands that I like - Carter's LL Bean, etc. but still the search results are strange. Honestly, if I'm going to have to wade through stuff, I may as well spend the time at a thrift store.

Any suggestions?

Well alot of members post on the facebook page with pics. Alot of the members will make a custom box for you which is nice. It is really hit or miss. The good boxes seem to go really fast. For example I listed a box a few minutes later I went to edit it and it was already picked!

ntrenary

I ordered my 1st box and one shirt had 2 quarter size holes around the neck line and another had a bleach stain in the middle. I sent 2 boxes and I'm done. I like being able to see what I'm buying before I pay for it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC