What is a good combo seat for the following kids...

M

Mommy2Cias

My nephew is 3 (4 in april), his sister is 18.5 months (riding ff for quite a while now), my other nephew is 20 months and quite tall-and about 21-22 pounds, my ds is 20 months, short, and about 21-22 pounds (and of course still rear facing)..

I want to get a combo seat for my IL's to use. they are currently using a Century Accel which both of my nephews are about to outgrow by height. What would be best in this situation. And price is of concern.... Nothing over $100 please...

oh, it will be in the backseat of a GMC truck or a Chevy Malibu. My IL's are very good at installing it very tight.

thanks,

Janice

ADS

mamamia

We use a Century Next Step combo seat as a spare for my 3 year old DD (33 lb, 40 lb), 3 year old (45 lb, 40 in) niece, 5 year old nephew (53 lbs, 43 inch). My 22 lb, 34 in 18 month old fits too, but she never rides FFing...

It goes from 20-40 lbs with a harness, and the top slots are as high as on the Britax Marathon-so you would get to about 48 inches or so if the kids are under 40 lbs. Then it can be used as a booster to 80 lbs. I find it extremely easy to install in every vehicle I have tried. It is very light, so makes a great spare. I don't love it, but am used to my FP Safe Embraces and Britax Wizards, and that in itself is a good enough excuse why I am so hard on the poor $80 Next step... :)

The only thing is that the harness straps will likely have to be rethreaded at the tright hieght depending on who is using the seat, but of course that is true for all the combo seats out there.

U

Unregistered

Maybe the Costco Summit?

I don't think you need to re-thread the harness & it is a belt positioning booster too.

M

Mommy2Cias

Thanks, but I don't like Cosco seats.. I ended up finding a Century NextStep on sale and I bought that. All 4 of the kids fit great in it.

Janice

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC