2000 Dodge Durango - XTSL in the middle seat?

rtfallier

I have a 2000 Durango with the 40/20/40 seats in the middle. I want to switch my 3yr old daughter back to rear facing. She is in a Marathon and is forward facing because she is too tall to rf in her seat. My younger daughter is 7.5 months, and I wanted to get 2 xtsl seats and have them both rear face until they outgrow the seats.

My husband is ok with turning her backwards but the xtsl is too large to have behind his driver seat. We are both over 6' tall and need the seat pretty far back to safely drive.

Can I have one of the xtsl's installed behind the passenger seat and another installed in the middle? That would make my life great!!! If not then I guess my older daughter will just have to stay forward facing, but I would love to get her rf again!

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I don't know if the radian will fit but if it does, I would hand the bv down to the baby. I would try the radian in the middle. A rf radian and rf bv puzzle well together. Neither girl need to be at 45 degrees, because the are older and have good head control.

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

NannyMom

I have a 2000 Durango. Part of my cenet seat is squashed down (near the seat bight). But it took my 7.5 twists of the buckle stalk. Only 3 are allowed so it didn't work. But it does fit wideth wise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC