Britax Two-Way Plus

CRS

Senior Community Member
As promised, here are the pictures of the Britax Two-Way Plus. I'm somewhat happy with the install, have done my best and asked someone else who has the seat questions considering I am not fluent in Swedish! Seems to be ok, do tell if you think it's not.

Here are the pictures:

EPS Foam liner

seat1.jpg

Rear-facing female & male belts
There are two males (as pictured on the left) on either side of the seat, attached to webbing which is looped around a hole (one on either side of the seats - hope that makes sense!). Before you insert the male in to the female though you have to loop the webbing attached to the female belt to where you want to anchor it. In my case, it was the front drivers seat.

seat2.jpg

Rear-facing tethers tethered to front drivers seat
Although it does look like the RF tethers are looped around plastic, they're not. They pretty much loop around the front seat much like the D-Ring for a rear-facing Britax seat would loop around the seat rails.

seat3.jpg

Using the alternative seatbelt route
I had major issues with the buckle rubbing against the seat when I used the conventianal belt path (install was awful and VERY loose) so I used the alternative seatbelt route which is great, got a nice, firm, install.

seat4.jpg

Braced
Ignore the rear-facing tethers not installed in this picture - don't worry it wasn't used like that!

seat5.jpg

Close up of belt install & lowest slots in the seat
The picture on the right demonstrates the LOWEST slots in the BTWP which my average sized nearly two year old only *JUST* fits in.

seat6.jpg

All in all I am REALLY impressed with this seat! I've never seen/felt/had a rear-facing seat so SOLID - I'm very happy! Previously my son was FF and was resting his feet on the top of my Husbands head rest. THAT is how small the space was that we had to work with and I'm ecstatic! He had been FF for 8 months and doesn't mind the change at all.

Bottom slots measure at: 11 inches
Middle slots measure at: 13.2 inches
Top slots measure at: 15.7 inches

(above measurements are all approximations measured from where the bottom sits and with the cushioning pushed in a little IYKWIM)

Fully extended the RF tethers measure at about 69.3 inches.

Last edited:
ADS

arly1983

OH, OH, OH, I want ONEEE of THOSE!!!

MY DH and my son are having fights right now because DS is putting his feet on DH and on his seat and it is driving DH mad (and the fighting is driving me mad)

You live in New Zealand, right?

I might have to move there (or Sweeden)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Can you pretty please measure the bottom & top slot heights? :) Also, about how long are the RF tether straps?

CRS

Senior Community Member
OH, OH, OH, I want ONEEE of THOSE!!!

MY DH and my son are having fights right now because DS is putting his feet on DH and on his seat and it is driving DH mad (and the fighting is driving me mad)

You live in New Zealand, right?

I might have to move there (or Sweeden)

Yup! In New Zealand. I had to have the seat imported from Norway though. Only in my dreams would we ever sell these seats here. I really do hope one day we do though!

CRS

Senior Community Member
Can you pretty please measure the bottom & top slot heights? :) Also, about how long are the RF tether straps?

Just added it to the first post.

ETA: Just changed the measurements for the slots again. Every time I measure I seem to get a different answer!!!!!

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks :) If I'd managed to get my hands on it 2 years ago it would've been great ... but Leila's definitely too tall now :rolleyes: I'm still keeping it in mind for theoretical future baby #2 (assuming my SO wants to continue with federal contracts on Reservation land where state law doesn't count)

Morganthe

Originally Posted by CRS
------------------

Is this one of those seats that are supposed to rf 4-5 years old? Reason I ask, there's no way that top slot would have fit dd past 2 years. 15.7 are her middle slots. The top is abt. 17 1/2 which is her current fit and she's almost out of that.

I'm interested to hear what the weight limit is. Can this seat be turned around at all or is it completely rf?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
RF weight limit is approximately about 50#

It does FF, but I forget the FF limit :confused:

I almost got it a year or so ago for Leila when she was expressing excruciating leg/back aches FF :( Was all set with an Rx JIC, had plasn to go to Denmark & a friend there was willing to help me translate the Norwegian version of the manual ... but I ended up having to cancel the trip for financial reasons so the whole deal fell through *SIGH*

oxeye

That is so cool!! Does NZ allow foreign seats to be used? If we didn't have that law in the US, I'd buy one in a second. I've considered it even as it is .....

MsFacetious

The only thing I see, is that the rear facing foot isn't down. I'm not sure if that is because of the alternative belt path install or not. Or if it isn't required, I don't remember.

But, that is supposed to be down going towards the floor, and then it gives the child a couple of inches of leg room. So, the seat where the harness adjuster is doesn't touch the back of the seat... does that make sense? It might not be the case with that belt route, or they may have changed it. But I thought I'd mention it so you can check on it. It may just be for older kids when they need more leg room.

These are bad pictures but this is what I'm talking about. It is the different belt path, so maybe that is why? I'll have to get out my instructions and look, lol now you've got me curious!

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2...B?*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPa|Rup6JaQ|/of=50,332,443

Leg room:

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2...tB?*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXG|Rup6JaQ|/of=50,332,443

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The police would never know the difference in my area. If the are tested at higher standards, I would do it!

MsFacetious

Judi I agree with you. I just would be careful of a couple things. These are made for foreign cars, so getting them in non foreign cars can be a problem. You do need two tether anchor points. So checking on that is a good idea first. The third row of a minivan is a great place for them because of that actually.

The other thing is the price tag. :) You are talking about $1000 including about $400 shipping. Depends on how much someone is willing to pay. LOL.

Morganthe

Can these be purchased in Denmark?

If so ladies & gents, if the military is kind enough to return us someday back to Germany, I promise I'll take a road trip to purchase some and send them to y'all through the APO system if you'll trust it. Won't be cheap -- but it will be less than $400 SHIPPING!!! :eek: :eek:

I'm just not going all the way to Sweden. :p Hmmm, unless I can do genealogy on dh's one lone immigrant grandfather on his maternal side from Uppsala ;)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
They're in Norway & Sweden: Two Way Plus/Elite -- can't remember which one is in which country, but they're the same seat with a different name.... Denmark is just a boat ride away & they have the Hans Christian Andersen festival :D (The bicentenial was in 2005)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC