Evenflo Titan vs. Evenflo Maestro for toddler

sewingmama

My DS2 is 2.5 and around 30 pounds. I'm looking at both the Evenflo Titan and the Evenflo Maestro for him. Both harness until 50 pounds, so he'd probably get at least 2 more years, probably closer to 3. I just need to know which is likely to be a better fit for him (like, which will have greater longevity for height, I guess), and if one of them puzzles better with a Graco SafeSeat I infant seat.

I'm leaning toward the Maestro, since it would work as a booster later, and because it looks to be a bit slimmer. It's extremely unlikely that I'll use the RF'ing capability of the Titan (see my posts from yesterday; only one child can be RF'ing in the vehicle where this seat will go, and it will have to be the newborn), so I think it makes sense to get the Maestro, unless someone has a compelling reason for the Titan.

Also, how do the Titan and Maestro compare, in width and in harness height, to the Graco MyRide? (Only because we have a MyRide, and I know how it fits DS2 and that it fit DS1 until he was 5, before he outgrew the height.)

ADS

rachelandtyke

If you are only going to use the seat ffing, then I would go with the Maestro. It's top harness slots are 3.5-4 inches taller than the ones on the Titan! If your child outgrows it by weight before height for the harness, then you might get booster use out of it, but otherwise it is usually outgrown in height in harness and booster mode at the same time. But by the time you need a dedicated booster, there are many affordable options out there.

Citrine

I would go with Maestro because the harness height is taller over the Titan. I tried the titan and maestro for my 4yr old. She was going to out grow the titan long befor the maestro. She has a good 2 years left in the maestro seat, unless she has a huge growth spurt, and I dont see that happening.

sewingmama

Thank you, both; that is just the info I needed to know about the harness slot heights. Sounds like the Maestro will be the best bet.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
For sure the Maestro. My tiny, barely 4yo is too tall for the harness in the Titan. I love my Titan but for a 50lb seat, it has crazy short top slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC