Uncomfy 3.5 y/o

ClaudiaNco

Hello all
My son has just hit 3.5 and is driving me nuts on trips that are longer than 20 minutes. We have a CA (50 lb limit) and he says his back hurts when he sits for too long. He is 40 lb so I am also worried about him maxing out the harness weight limit..... should I not be?
We could use our CA in daddy's car for rides to school or just save it for baby so it wouldn't be wasted.
Any suggestions or insights?
Greatly appreciate it!

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
He might need leg support. Could you get something lightweight for him to rest his feet on or make him a foot rest with a pool noodle and some rope?

rodentranger

My 2 yo complains of backpain rf in the CA. They don't have a lot of padding. Can you afford a seat with more padding for him?
In the middle of our last road trip (4 hours each way), YDS was so upset about his back hurting that I made DH pull over so I could put ODS in the CA ff and YDS in the XTSL rf. I generally keep them both rf on long trips, but he was clearly miserable. He speaks very well and was definitely saying "My back hurts! Owwww, my back is hurting!"

Evolily

Did he just turn forward facing?

I would try something light- like, maybe a big thing of paper towels, as a foot rest. I think that will solve the problems :)

ClaudiaNco

I kind of think it's a padding issue.... He was turned ff in September and he props his feet up on the seat in front of him usually but he does let them slip down now and then.
Also I wanted him to be harnessed to at least age 5 but with the weight limit on his seat is it going to make it?
Thank you all!

jess71903

Ambassador
He's got a long way to go on the weight limit, so I wouldn't worry about that. I doubt he'll gain that 10lbs in a year and 1/2. I'd probably put the CA in Daddy's car and get him something else for your car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC