RF Avenue pictures?

Amy7707

Does anyone have any pictures of an Avenue installed RF (especially installs that required noodles)? I tried searching and didn't come up with much. I've never had to use a noodle before, so any tips would be appreciated.

We are going on vacation in May and I'm trying to figure out what seat to bring with us. I bought an Avenue so now I just need to figure out if I can deal with a pool noodle install or try to find something else.

I also tried a Evenflo Tribute 5 and I love it - super easy to install and the adjuster was nice and smooth. Unfortunately DS is too close to only having 1" of shell left to keep it :( He is 20 months old, about 23 lbs. I'm not sure on torso height, but he has plenty of room left in his MR.

ADS

firemomof3

Here is one:
avenue010.jpg

NatesMamma

No kiddo in it, but here's my Avenue installed used a rolled towel:

CIMG3917.JPG

I've actually never bothered getting a pool noodle. I've always used rolled towels for my installs and haven't had any issues. The Avenue is our travel seat, and I always have whoever is picking us up at the airport bring along a towel so that I don't have to worry about packing anything extra.

A little tip: If you don't want to bring a pool noodle and/or don't have anyone meeting you at the other end, something fairly non-squishable in your suitcase could stand in for the noodle, such as a pair of rolled jeans. (Granted, that would put the clothes out of commission, but it's something, right?) :)

I think the Avenue is a great seat for travel! It lightweight, and I've found it installs very easily in a wide variety of vehicles. I'd bring it. :twocents:

PS: firemom, I <3 that cover!!

BananaBoat

You can hardly see it, but I also used a rolled towel.
This is in a European Ford wagon something - no ISOFIX (Euro LATCH), so locking clip etc.

IMG_0541.jpg

aeormsby

This is our Uptown (basically just a different cover than the Avenue)

uptown.jpg

PICT0155.JPG

Close up of the noodles. The trickiest thing is to make sure the noodles are cut wide enough so they don't get sucked up into the seat. If you're using Latch I cut 1 short enough to fit between the latch anchors, and the other 1-2 longer so they don't get eaten by the carseat.

Amy7707

Thanks for all the great pics! The kids are so cute. I'll try it with the noodle again tonight. I think the noodle was too long when I was trying yesterday. And I'll try a towel too, since that can double as a blanket on the plane.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
If you are going to use the towel as a blanket, why not just use a small fleece blanket rolled-up to install? I've done that in a pinch (gave my noodles to someone who needed them more so I used a blanket to get mine back in safe. :)

Amy7707

If you are going to use the towel as a blanket, why not just use a small fleece blanket rolled-up to install? I've done that in a pinch (gave my noodles to someone who needed them more so I used a blanket to get mine back in safe. :)

Good thought, but I need to bring beach towels anyways. I can use a beach towel rolled up to get to the condo and then swap it out for regular towels once we get there. I can't use his blanket because it is a knit one and too small to use under the carseat. We're trying to pack as light as possible so I don't want to be bringing multiple blankets when we only need his "blanky".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC