Talk to me about options...

andre149

I'm trying to help J figure out options for P for seats (I know, I know... but I can't leave peanut hanging :(). She weighed in at 43lb yesterday, she's still rf in his car in an XTSL, so I'm going to milk those two pounds and re-weigh her when I'm home over break. Problem I'm running into is options for grandma and grandpa's car (they have a 40lb evenflo seat). Help me think this through

Option 1: Give them my MR to use ff... this would be dependent on how it installs ff in a new model (2009 or 2010 I believe) Honda Accord (if you know input would be great!)

Option 2: Is the next cheapest option a Nauti? I'm thinking a Maestro is out only because that only buys 7lb and she is nowhere near booster ready. Any other things I'm missing? They really don't have a need for the seat for anyone else, older grand kids are in boosters, and younger ones don't ride with them.

Part of me feels like I should just tell them to figure it out, but I can't do that to P, ya know...

FWIW I have no problem giving them the MR, I would much rather she be safe, and it was purchased for P anyways.

ADS

T4K

It could take a loooooong time for the 7 lbs to arrive. But of course if you buy it she'll go through a major growth spurt, right?

Maybe the Nauti? Or you can get a long term seat like the Frontier and when she hits 45 lbs you can trade the radian with them?

jess71903

Ambassador
Do they have a Costco near them? The Nauti Elite was on sale there for $130 or so, by online accounts, anyway. It'd be worth a check.

BW1426

Do they have a Costco near them? The Nauti Elite was on sale there for $130 or so, by online accounts, anyway. It'd be worth a check.

No Costco nearby.

I think Nautiluses (Nautili?) are the best bet. Super easy to install too. Just bought A one on sale at Target a few weeks ago for my parents car.

andre149

Gah, I wish we had a Costco :)

I'm not buying the seat... it's on them to buy it, I'm just helping them pick it and I'm sure they would appreciate spending as little as possible. Probably if the MR isn't an option in the Accord I'll sell it depending on how it installs ff in my car (believe it or not I've never tried) for other kiddos. Easy install is a plus, I'm not sure I'd trust them to fight with a Radian ;)

So is everyone else thinking our best option is a Nauti? Frontier is out of the price range I think... and probably a bit of overkill since she only rides with them once in a while (once a month or so). As much as I'd love to get my hands on one, I think I'll have a hard time justifying that to them :)

MommaWhitney

My MIL has a 2010 honda accord with a MR in it. It RF right now but has been FF. My oldest (5.9) rides in it when its installed FF although she is growing out of it by height so I put it in RF for my dd2 and it fits both ways. Im thinking of getting my oldest dd a booster for her car that her and my nephew can share. But I wont even start booster training till 6.

But it fits FF in the middle with seat belt. :) Other than that Id go with the nauti. Ive Installed the one I have in the honda too and it fits. But latch limit in a honda is 40lb I think, so youll need to use the seatbelt. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC