I got a Parkway in Onyx today

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No Parkways at either local Targets, but BRU had one in Onyx marked down to $80. That was one of Nathan's choices for the cover, so I had her hold it for me and now it's mine. Piper rode in it to Little Gym and back before she uses it tomorrow without me. She was already insistent on the way home that SHE pulls the seatbelt out all by herself. hehe That's my girl. She was telling me how SHE rides in it correctly but our neighbor T does not (and hoo boy she doesn't). Piper wants to ride in the Parkway all the time. But no. Occasional usage only for now. It'll go into Nathan's car permanently when she's outgrown the Wizards. November 15, 2006 is the DOM. So a little older than I wanted, but that would explain the $80 price tag. And maybe the Onyx is being discontinued? I don't know. Whatever, that'll get her to over 10 years old, and if she needs something then I'll get her something then. I'm sure we'll be bored and the black will be gray by then anyway.

She's already on the third notch up on the headrest. The thing reminds me of ET. She's so tiny that her whole body is well confined WITHIN the seat, even her arms. The seatbelt looks so big on her little body.

As much as I loved going in and buying a new seat, I'd rather she wasn't exposed to this and that I was more comfortable with it. But she rode really well and I trust her.

Oh, BRU had the Regent in stock, right there on the shelf in Sahara. I was surprised. And the lady was helping out one couple, and another was looking, but I didn't stop. Didn't feel like toting out the CPST today. Same thing when Nathan and I meandered over to a Volvo dealership. I asked to see their integrated boosters and the guy said they were for kids who had outgrown their infant seats but were too small for the seatbelt. I just blinked and let him go on. He really meant out of their harness, but not everyone would know that. There was no height adjustment for the seatbelt, and the booster wasn't very high, nor did it have a lot of thigh length. I was remarkably unimpressed. Oh, but all the new Volvos have the ISO feature! I guess he thought I'd be impressed with that? Right..... Required since 2002 dude! I kept my mouth shut there, too. The car did have nice RFing tethers.....

Wendy

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cool...is it Onyx, or Express? I didn't think BRU had anything but Express? Yeah, it'll last long enough for ya (Kar never ever complains about any seat, but now at 9.5 the PW hurts his back :( )

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Huh! Sho'nuf! I was wondering when they added the yellow piping to the onyx. LOL Nevermind then, I got a Parkway in Express! LOL Don't tell Nathan. hehe

I've seen granite at our BRUs before I believe. I'd have to look through my pictures, I took some of Piper in one a month or two ago.

Wendy

broken4u05

Cool i got one in cowmoo today. i like it so far.

I want to see a photo of Piper in her new seat.. BTW. I love her name how did you think of it?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, don't tell him it's a bumblee bee seat! That's what we call ours :D. The kids even claim that silver chain mail...er... fabric...is soft on the 'pillows'. I have to send mine off to a friend for her 4 yo as a spare...I'm sad, we've LOVED our PW's, but I guess it'll make room for something else in our lives if I get rid of it, right? :D (Oh, cutest thing...Bitsy LOVED that her black velour christmas dress matched the velour on the seat)

:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

I want to see a photo of Piper in her new seat.. BTW. I love her name how did you think of it?

Your car's going from all black and gray to Cowmoo, lol... Sunshine Kids needs to make a cowmoo cover for the Radian :cool:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

We saw it on a list. We wanted a name that wasn't unknown but wasn't terribly common either. We love it, and it suits her SO well. :)

I have photos already, of course. LOL I just need to upload them and share.

Wendy

broken4u05

Your car's going from all black and gray to Cowmoo, lol... Sunshine Kids needs to make a cowmoo cover for the Radian :cool:

No the need a cowmoo BV. If i can get it i want to use the BV MA and parkway. If that does not fit than i will use the radian. But i like don't like the radian as much as the MA.

And Wendy like i said i love her name and she is so cute. Can't wait to see photos

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC