Which booster will work best?

melniemi

We got a Yukon XL this weekend. The third row has the seatbelts that come out of the seat, right above your shoulder. Which booster do you think will work best? It will be for dd1, 48", 50#s. She is on the 2nd to top slot on her FR85. Someone said the PWSG doesn't work there, but I haven't tried any yet.

Thanks!

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Hmm, I have the same seatbelt in the middle row, center seat. Do you want me to see how the Monterey fits there? :)

melniemi

If it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate it! Thanks. I was thinking I may need to go with the Chicco Strada? But if a regular(angled belt guides) one will work, it'd be great!

MOM25BOYS

Sorry it took me so long Mel. :eek: I had to get pics for you and PB is being painfully slow today loading pics. :thumbsdown:

I don't use this position in my suv because I really don't like the way the belt twists with a booster. This is my dedicated harnessed seat postion for DS5. I guess it would be ok in a pinch, but even on my DS1 who passes the 5 step test I don't like the fit on him either. :eek:

Anyways... hopes this helps and congrats on the new ride. :love:

What my seatbelt looks like coming out. If your Sub. is anything like my SIL's was I think the seat is actually shorter on the back part than mine is so the belt would actually come out lower.
002-8-1.jpg

Monterey on lowest setting.
003-8-1.jpg

View of how the belt is going into the belt guide.
004-8-1.jpg

Another view of it between the wings and side of seat just to show the belt isn't actually twisted all the way around.
005-10-1.jpg

Monterey on highest setting.
010-4-1.jpg

View of how the belt is going into the belt guide from side.
009-5-1.jpg

Another view of how the belt goes in on the highest position.
008-4-1.jpg

melniemi

Thank you so much!! Is it okay for the belt to twist like that? Does it matter at all?

I ordered a PWSG to try and it just came so I can try that. She can use it in the van if it doesn't work but still fits her okay. It's snowing now so I have zero desire to go play carseats :)

MOM25BOYS

Hmm, I really don't know if it is ok for the belt to twist like that? :eek: Hoping a tech might pop in and let us both know, because eventually one of the boy might have to go there in a booster. :)

autumnlily

I'd like to know too about the twisting. I was going to post pics of the Oobr and the twist created in the 8th seat of our Sienna. My gut feeling was no, it wasn't/isn't very compatible.

On that note - the Chicco Strada is a DREAM in our Sienna 8th seat with its beltpath. Actually the Strada is great in all of the positions. I just wish my DD liked it more. It still has the best belt fit of any booster I have tried her in (Strada vs Oobr vs Turbo).

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It twists in my truck like that with the fr85 in booster mode. As look as all slack is out all the time, I personally don't have an issue with it. It is not on the body. In my truck, if H moves, there would be slack. She is smart enough to say something, but for that seating position, I am switching to the Oto. I fr85 works great in the back seat. So if that is available, we go that route, of course.

dawnp15

I'm so glad i saw this thread, cause we own a Tahoe and i just ordered DD a monterey yesterday! When it gets here i want to try her in the middle, cause it will be so much easier for me to buckle the twins in the outboard positions.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Mine does that too. I am ok with it, with the fr85, but I don't think I am personally ok with it with boosters that aren't solid. We have all seen the crash tests. Car seat warp. I would only use a very solid seat.

melniemi

The pwsg didn't fit her well, too high on her tummy. So for a solid booster, monterey? probooster? vivo? something else?

eta - it isn't an issue right now, but will be as she gets older

JerseyGirl'sMama

So Judi, if a parent came in with a booster like a Turbo HB and wanted to put their child in a seating position where the seatbelt came out lower than the belt guide, what would you tell them?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
So Judi, if a parent came in with a booster like a Turbo HB and wanted to put their child in a seating position where the seatbelt came out lower than the belt guide, what would you tell them?

I am hoping to hear from Tammy before I have that situation. Right now, I would not be comfortable. Also calling Graco just doesn't work too well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC