Can I get 2 carseats + 1 adult in the back of my Passat?

reader

Currently we have a FF Marathon & a RF Roundabout in the 2 outboard positions of our 02 Passat which was retrofitted for LATCH. If we were to get different carseats, could we get one carseat in the outboard, one in the middle, and an adult on the other side? While it would be expensive to get new carseats, it would probably be cheaper than renting a car for 2 weeks to accommodate the extra person!
Thanks.

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Currently we have a FF Marathon & a RF Roundabout in the 2 outboard positions of our 02 Passat which was retrofitted for LATCH. If we were to get different carseats, could we get one carseat in the outboard, one in the middle, and an adult on the other side? While it would be expensive to get new carseats, it would probably be cheaper than renting a car for 2 weeks to accommodate the extra person!
Thanks.

With those seat combinations it would be a tight fit. I had an '03 Passat with the exact same seats and I don't think I could fit back there between them. I had a hard time with a Roundabout & Snugride. You might be able to do it with 2 Radians but I would test the seats out in the vehicle before I bought them. The Radian is known for compatibility issues in a great deal of vehicles so I would find a store locally that carried it to at least test them out before you bought sight unseen/tested.

reader

Yeah, I definitely couldn't fit between them, that's why I was wondering about moving one to the middle with Radians. Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC