Question Can this product really be safe?

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I didn't see anything on their site that talked about them passing FMVSS213 and that concerns me.

Susan

mrs_teeee67

I think I might get that for hubby's truck! I HATE HATE hate riding in it cause the belt fit stinks and bugs me to no end

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
May as well use a pillow. There are no belt guides or armrests to hold the lap belt in place to help with seatbelt syndrome. It'll compress in a collision and the child will slide right out. I wouldn't use it.

Wendy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I wish the Sunny Baby Touring (EPS foam with a cloth cover, roughly the same shape as this thing) videos hadn't been copyright infringed and taken from youtube, maybe they are still on the oeamtc site, but yeah, what Wendy said, this would be the same thing, under a kid. Probably not horrible under an adult, they've been selling these kinds of pillow things for decades for grownups.

Kat_Momof3

yeah, bubble bum doesn't scare me because it still raises the kid up at least an inch (which hopefully should ensure the shoulderbelt fit isn't made horrible should the unthinkable happen and the thing pop, and as she showed, it's construction is made so that the belt guides will work as well, even if it popped)

cookie123

I can't believe they'd put those crash test videos on their website. I also kind of want a bubble bum.

Say I had one and put it in the middle. Who would you put it in - Hannah or Brett. Hannah's older, but Brett is heavier and taller. He'll be turning 7 this week. Hannah is 8.5. She weighs 50 lbs, him maybe 55 lbs?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC