Just double checking

AnnaC

For an almost 3 year old- RF at 45 degrees is still much safer than FF, right? :duck:

I wish SKJP would just come out with a toddler boot already. :hitselfonhead:

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I couldn't just walk away. Dodge Nitro. Well geez, I have no experience with that. How does it do outboard?

AnnaC

I couldn't just walk away. Dodge Nitro. Well geez, I have no experience with that. How does it do outboard?

Oh, ok. :love:

It doesn't do outboard. :thumbsdown: Can't put it behind the passenger because of the advanced airbags. Can't put it behind the driver because then DH doesn't have enough room to drive. Even bracing it behind the driver- if I put the driver's seat back far enough, the front of the Radian starts to lift up.

And it's obviously a seatbelt install since it's in the middle. I can post pics if you think you might have a tip or something! I don't think the "pull away from the bight and push down at the feet" would work- they're leather seats and I think it would just slip right back down into the bight.

It's more upright when I first install it (I'd guess around 40degrees), but after a couple of days it reclines more. IDK if it's DD's weight in the seat, or even just the weight of the car seat compressing the bench seat, or what. It's still tight at the belt path though, so it's not that the install's loosening.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, I will sit here, and wait. For about 8 minutes. Then, work. Yuck, I don't want to go back to work.

AnnaC

I guess I wasn't quick enough!!!

And yeah, that did nothing. The seats are too slippery and not squishy enough to really push the boot down into anyway. It just kept slipping back into the bight. I took some pics, but I've got to go pick DH up from work. I'll upload them tonight if I can. Maybe your expert eyes will see something I'm missing. :D

AnnaC

Okay.

Here's the seat before I uninstalled it.

DSCN5189Medium.jpg

Here's what the seat looks like. Very flat, slippery, and un-squishable.
DSCN5190Medium.jpg

And here's what it looks like after I re-installed. It looks more upright in this pic than it does in person. And it's not any more upright than it normally is when I first install it- it just always reclines more after a couple of days.
DSCN5192Medium.jpg

crunchierthanthou

What's the spacing of the inner LATCH anchors? It looks like that center position is fairly narrow. Dodge allows borrowing in the Nitro, and as of the 2011 LATCH manual, Sunshine Kids allows non-standard spacing between 11 and 14".

Chely7425

I have a 2010 Liberty, basically your cars clone... I have my radian braced on the passenger side (and drivers side, I have 2 of them) and yes I know it isn't "allowed" but it was either that or FF a 2 year old so...

AnnaC

Can you get it to twist 3?

Not sure, but I'll give it a try!

What's the spacing of the inner LATCH anchors? It looks like that center position is fairly narrow. Dodge allows borrowing in the Nitro, and as of the 2011 LATCH manual, Sunshine Kids allows non-standard spacing between 11 and 14".

Hmmm, I didn't know that! I'll have to measure to see how far apart they are. Does latch usually give a more upright install, or does it just depend on the car.

I have a 2010 Liberty, basically your cars clone... I have my radian braced on the passenger side (and drivers side, I have 2 of them) and yes I know it isn't "allowed" but it was either that or FF a 2 year old so...

With 2 Radians, you should be able to get one of them in the middle. I've got mine in the middle next to an old-style Boulevard, which is a lot wider than a Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC