Where did all the Radian 65's go?

ktmo

I decided to replace DD's Roundabout and went off to pick up a Radian. I called our local Buy Buy Baby to see if they had it, but they now only carry the 80. So, I went off to Great Beginnings. I know I have seen it there before. Well, they only have the 80. Why would these stores only carry the 80? I know that I can get it on-line, but I was so excited to get a seat (and I have coupons for these stores), and now I have to wait.

Katie

ADS

broken4u05

I must have just missed you. I was just at great beginnings this morning too. I got the parkway.. O and i think i got the last 65 that they sold there a few months ago.. sorry about that. They don't really have the 65 anymore because when i went they just had the one i got left i was upset because i wanted black but they only had tan. But now i have black so i am happy.. They told me they stopped getting the shipments of the 65 only the 80. We should get together sometime maybe.. we have to live kinda close

Loves2sing

Why are places discontinuing selling them? it is such a good option for a lower cost HW seat! The 80 is pretty snazzy too, but it also costs quite a bit more. I have never even seen the 80 up here, only the 65.

broken4u05

i am not sure why but most people do not know that the 65 is just as good as the 80 because most kids do not make it to 80 in it so they buy the 80 because they think it is better. I think SKJP know that too. I would just get it online. It might be cheeper too. albee baby ships very fast

Loves2sing

I would go for it online too, I *think* albee baby has free shipping too. I'll check into it.

ETA: Albee baby has free ground shipping for any product over $100. The 80 is $20 off right now on Albee baby too.

Last edited:

broken4u05

they have free shipping on every order over $100. so yes it would be free shipping for that seat. O and they have sales on the radian often i have seen. Like $20 off

easterbun

ETA: Albee baby has free ground shipping for any product over $100. The 80 is $20 off right now on Albee baby too.

I may be imagining things, but when I bought my Radian80 less than two months ago (end of March), the regular price was listed as $279 and it was on sale for $249... I definately only paid $249 for mine.

The Radian65 was also only $179.

Loves2sing

Don't you just hate that? It made me so mad that like 2 months after I bought my Ma for $350 CND, it started selling everywhere in Canada for $299! URg! I could have bought SHOES with that $$!! Hellooo!!!:rolleyes:

ktmo

It seems so weird that they only carry the 80. They must know that if they carry both, they won't sell any of the 80s. Great Beginnings did have one 80 for $239, but I know my DD would never make over 65 in it, but I almost got it because I just wanted to get it now. I guess I'll have to order on-line.

Kristina - I am always wondering if I am going to run into someone from here while I am out looking at car seats. We must be close, Great Beginnings is not far at all.

Katie

broken4u05

I was there at 10:30 this morning. I work in Rockville right by the library and movie theater. I go to great beginnings about once a week i think. The people are soo nice there and i am always looking for new things not just car seats

supercrunch

I never saw the 65 at the Buy Buy Baby in Springfield...and they didn't have it in Rockville either when I checked back in March.

I just assumed that they want to sell the more expensive version. It's true that they wouldn't sell any 80's if the 65 was sitting right next to it looking nearly identical for almost $100 less.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Why are places discontinuing selling them? it is such a good option for a lower cost HW seat! The 80 is pretty snazzy too, but it also costs quite a bit more. I have never even seen the 80 up here, only the 65.

Well, according to skjp Canadian catalog, it's now showing a car seat called the "Radian Premier" which essentially looks like the radian 80. Of course they can't call it that here, because we've never had the radian "65" either, it's just been the radian.

I'm hoping they're not going to quit making the regular radian's, because the premier sells for almost as much as a marathon on safetysuperstore's website. And by the time I consider getting one for ds (if that's still what we want to go with for his convertible seat,) he won't be needing those pillowy inserts anyways. :rolleyes:

The 2007 catalog didn't show the radian, only the premier with the support pillows, so who knows what that means.... :confused:

eta: Here's a link to the Canadian catalog

http://ca.skjp.com/Media/SSK_2007_Catalog-CN.pdf

ktmo

Yea, the Premier looks like the 80. It makes me wonder why they didn't include the Radian (65) in their catalog. I hope they are not getting rid of the 65.

Now, I am trying to find the best deal online. I wish BabyUniverse had it, with that BabyTV rebate.

I could have sworn that I saw the 65 at Buy Buy Baby, but it was probably a while ago, before the 80 was even out.

Katie

musicmaj

I bet the company is going to really push the 80 so that it can make more money. The fact is that I can't imagine an 80lb child fitting into that seat. My 6 year old is 46lbs and she is at the top slots in our 65. She won't get to 65lbs before she outgrows the seat - even with her shoulders 1 inch above. My 5 year old ds is 47lbs and 1 inch below the top slots - he might make it to 55-58lbs or so before growing out of the seat, but definitely not anywhere over 60lbs. The 80 would have been a waste for us.

easterbun

My 6 year old is 46lbs and she is at the top slots in our 65. She won't get to 65lbs before she outgrows the seat - even with her shoulders 1 inch above.

My DS is 6 and just shy of 50lbs and about an inch under the top slots - he *might* get to 60lbs in the seat, but definately not 65! I expect he'll only be in it for about a year (which I'm totally okay with - the seat wasn't even purchased for him, so the fact that he fits at all is a bonus in my book!)

We did buy the 80 for the baby though... it's silly, but I wanted the inserts.. and it is much softer with the velour fabric than the ultrasuede :p

mommycat

Yea, the Premier looks like the 80. It makes me wonder why they didn't include the Radian (65) in their catalog. I hope they are not getting rid of the 65.

I called SK Canada last night and specifically asked whether they meant to discontinue the "regular" Radian and just offer the Radian Premier, and was assured that this is not the case. So that sounds promising. :)

I don't know why it wouldn't be in their catalogue, though. :confused:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I never saw the 65 at the Buy Buy Baby in Springfield...and they didn't have it in Rockville either when I checked back in March.

I asked the staff at BBB in Springfield... they are not planning on carrying the 65. The saleslady there said she thought that was stupid since the 65 is more than adequate. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC