Help! Why don't my pictures show up?

sixboys

You guys all have such cute pictures, I am trying to put some in my signature, and I have them uploaded - but they aren't showing up? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

ADS

TheRealMacGyver

When you go into User Cp / Edit Signature and you uploaded from computer (I assume), did the page preview have something like
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]​
this? The two center [] only need to be there if you want it centered on the page. I know when I first did this there was a little trial and error, so just keep trying stuff and then replying on this thread until you see it show up.

ETA: it doesn't want to show the code for some reason? It should be something like [sigpic][/sigpic]

ETA-AGAIN: It won't show what I want but, you should have brackets around sigpic the word sigpic that is

Last edited:

broken4u05

if the photo is too big you might have to resize it. and the code is [ S I G P I C ] [ / S I G P I C ] but without the spaces. and the photo needs to be loaded first.

I do not know if i was any help at all but that is how i did mine

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Here is where I have made a post on how to post pictures (for siggies too)! Also, there is a max. limit of characters allowed to be used in your siggie. If you have too many it won't let you view it; sometimes this happens if you have too many pictures (for me it was 3) plus trying to add writing/words.

I see there have been some who want to post pictures but aren't quite sure how to. After you upload your pictures to your photo account,
-you right click on the picture,
-click on properties,
-highlight the whole address and copy it.
-You can then at car-seat.org go to where you want to post your picture.
-On the tool bar there is a square that has a mountain and a little sun on it (5th from the right), click on it and paste your picture address in there,
-click ok.
You have now insterted you picture and can finish up what you want on your post.

You go about adding a picture to your siggie the same way, but you paste it in the siggie box either above or below your name.
Hope this helps :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Where do you have your photos uploaded?

When you check the properties, are you copying the entire address so that it ends in .jpg? Some photo hosting services like snapfish don't have their images end in .jpg, so you can't use them for photosharing on boards like this. In order to put a picture inside [/ img] tags, it has to end in .jpg .gif or .png

If you're trying to upload the pic to your profile as a signature picture, then you'll need to check the size of it both in terms of file size and pixels. (This info should show when you hover your mouse over top of the file name.) If you need help re-sizing, just lmk, there's a free program that doesn't take much space and is super easy to use that I can link you to. :)

For the signature picture, you'll see an area below your signature text box and there's the option of loading from a URL or browsing from your machine. You'll need to upload it there first, before the sigpic tags will work.

Hope that helps some.

p.s. [url]http://www.photobucket.com[/url] is a free photo hosting service that works well for posting pic's because they provide the code including the tags, so you can just copy & paste it without any highlighting or anything.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC