My almost 6 year old is rear-facing again

oxeye

By her request. ;) She's teeny tiny (5th percentile height) so she definitely has the option. I installed the Multi-Tech for her and she said it "way comfier" than the Radian. I didn't have my camera on me to take pics but I will get some soon. She looked great it in and had a lot more leg room than when she's been RF in other seats.

She's such a character. I think she flips every few months. My 7.5 year is very jealous and wishes she could ride rear-facing too (even though I have assured her that she is very safe in her booster seat). Do you think my kids are brain washed at all? :whistle:

ADS

Mom2FiveGirls

That's so cute! My 5.5 year old rides RFing in her radian every chance she gets. I can't have her RFing usually because of school drop off/pick up and seating arrangement issues, but she would be RFing full time if she could.

Mom2three

I wish my 4yr old would willingly RF. Today I told her if she didn't quit poking her brother's face I was going to turn her back so she couldn't reach him...she cried. :(

hboo22

My 5yo just outgrew her Radian RF (it is a 40 lbs one) and asks all the time to ride backward still (if I could afford the 45 lb Radian, I'd get her one) :( and my 6yo was jealous and wanted to ride backward too when Jaylee did :D
Is it bad that I want a new baby just for car seat opportunities?? :rolleyes: :whistle:

oxeye

And a picture! It's like this seat was made for her. Headrest is on the highest setting and the straps are just above her shoulders.

She's 38 pounds and I think 40-ish inches. She'll be 6 this summer.

Jan06twinmom

And a picture! It's like this seat was made for her. Headrest is on the highest setting and the straps are just above her shoulders.

She's 38 pounds and I think 40-ish inches. She'll be 6 this summer.

My DD would be jealous if she saw the picture of your DD:) My DD is 6y3m old and is about 39lb and 42in tall. She was just telling me how much she liked riding backwards the other day. Her twin brother told me he was mad because he didn't get to ride backwards as long as Isabelle. The Multitech was the only option at the time that would have gotten him to 4yo rear-facing.

Melanie

Kat_Momof3

she looks SOOO comfy... I don't think she's brainwashed, just a princess who wants to be pampered with comfort in the car.

urchin_grey

:love:

Bram will be 6 in a month and is still RF... Granted, he's a lot smaller. If he had it his way though, he'd be riding in the front passenger's seat. :rolleyes:

menfusse

E's 5 and half and wants to rear face. I don't have a rear facing seat anymore and don't have the funds to go out and get one. She's 33lbs or so, and 39inches if she's standing real tall. 13 inch torso. She could rear face for awhile yet in just about any seat out there right now, but I would love to get her a MT or a two way elite. Something with all kinds of room and plenty of time to let her stay RF as long as she wants.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC