Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 seat, installation ? (without base)

laurenrachey

I currently have my toddler in this seat. I just want to completely verify this before doing it... Is is totally safe to install without the base, rearfacing? I keep bonking his head! :eek: (Hopefully he will soon be in that new Signo though :) )

Thanks! (I'm new here, just registered, decided to come out of lurkdom, ya know:thumbsup: )

Rachel
Caleb 3.31.05

ADS

laurenrachey

And I realized as soon as I posted this, it should be in the carseat section. I wasn't paying attention and read car safety as car
seat​
:rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yup, it's absolutely ok to install it without the base :). I moved it to the car seat section for you, and congratulations on having him RF so old!!!!

:)

laurenrachey

Okay, good I think I'll try it without the base. I meant to after our pukefest a few months back, but I just forgot to take the base off before reinstalling.

I've been experiencing some of the frustration you guys probably have on a daily basis, trying to get friends to "see the [carseat] light," but no one seems concerned with keeping their kiddos RF :( I've had a few people ask me why he is still RF, but luckily my hubby is an angel about it. He's asked a few times when we'll turn him around. I say, when he's 34lbs 15oz :) He's even okay with the fact that I want to buy a $300 (Signo) even though Caleb has room in his current carseat! I've learned so much here, and look forward to learning even more!

laurenrachey

I just installed it without the base. I noticed when I took the seat out...I have a 91 Explorer...I had been using one rolled up towel...there is a two inch gap between the seat back and the bench now, from where I've installed the carseat so tight :eek: The bench has been so compressed from the seat being there, just the way I like it :) I had to upgrade to two towels.

Which would you rather use, pool noodles or towels? I had looked at pool noodles, and they seemed like I could squeeze them more than a tightly rolled towel (like they compressed more). Is one better than the other? I have it installed so tight that the car rocks side to side and the seat doesn't move at the beltpath :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC