Tribute vs. Comfort Sport (lots of pics of Gavin modeling them)!

zactayaus

I bought the Evenflo Tribute Sport for my niece who turned 1yo today.:D I thought it only appropriate to try the seat out as my professional duty before delivering it to her tomorrow.:cool: I also still have our expired Graco Comfort Sport so I figured it'd be fun to compare the two.

First the boring stuff. I measured the top slots on both seats while compressing the cushion and I got 15" for the Tribute and about 14" for the CS. Despite the fact that the CS looks much taller than the Tribute the Tribute actually had tons more room.

Here are some comparison pics (Tribute on left, CS on right):

Reclined
101_0597.jpg

Foot prop up:
101_0553.jpg

Back to back in upright position:
101_0556.jpg

Now for the fun stuff. Gavin is 23mo. He weighs in at 28.5 lbs and is measuring just shy of 36" with a torso height of 13.5". I want to add that I was amazed with how much the recline vs. the upright mode changed the harness height.

Tribute reclined/upright:
101_0560.jpg
101_0559.jpg

RF head room:
101_0566.jpg

Side view:
101_0569.jpg

Comfort Sport reclined/upright:
101_0593.jpg
101_0571.jpg

RF head room:
100_2588.jpg

Side view:
100_2585.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

zactayaus

Is the Tribute Sport the same as the Tribute 5, or are they different seats? I have 14" for the top measurement in the measurements spreadsheets for the Tribute 5, but might update it to 15" if they are the same seat.

I'm not sure if they are the same seats but I measured several times while compressing the seat cushion and I came up with 15" every time. I can get a pic if you'd like.

MomToEliEm

I'm not sure if they are the same seats but I measured several times while compressing the seat cushion and I came up with 15" every time. I can get a pic if you'd like.

Looking online I think it might be the same seat, though with different padding and different weight limits. Just to update the measurements though, would you mind submitting some of the other measurements too for the seat. This way I could really tell if it is the same seat or not. I know the weight limits changed from the Tribute I had entered and the newer tributes (sport, deluxe) so I might just make two separate lines for each along with a new manual link if I can find one.

You can submit your data using this form:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGZNeVc3a3hEczN2cnBMVWlFYVptSUE6MQ

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Cute pattern on the Tribute! Thanks for sharing. Gavin is so cute. :love:

christineka

I had (and have the same model again) the tribute 5, old model and my measurement of the top slot is 14.75 inches. I sat my 6 year old in the new tribute and the scenera next to it at walmart. She had a tad more harness height in the scenera, and about 1 inch more shell. (Perhaps, I'll go measure my tribute properly and submit my measurements.)

I like the tribute- for my short kids:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I was wondering how anyone could get 15 on the Tribute, but I went and tried, and if you push pretty hard on the cover, on the side of the seat, it's easy to get 15. I measured in a couple other places and got about 14.5.
(All Tributes are the same shell since they've put in 4 harness slots, just different covers for different models, sport/deluxe/5/whatever).

Thanks for sharing pics of that big hunk o' cute that Gavin is :love:

zactayaus

MomToEliEm, I'll try and get measurements tonight after I put the kids to bed. Should I or shouldn't I compress the seat cushion when measuring for harness height?

MomToEliEm

MomToEliEm, I'll try and get measurements tonight after I put the kids to bed. Should I or shouldn't I compress the seat cushion when measuring for harness height?

It should be measured with the cover on the seat, though compressed down as though a child was sitting in it.

Mom2FiveGirls

He is so darn cute! :) I sat DD5 in a tribute at Walmart today and it looked like she had about an inch of room left until she got to the top harness slot. She has a 14 inch torso.

zactayaus

Last edited:

zactayaus

Well my nieces party was today. She loved the seat and wanted to get right in it.:D She is such a teeny tiny peanut. Her little feet just barely hung over the edge of the seat. She's on the 2nd from the bottom slots and has an inch or more of torso growth before she'll need to move up to the 3rd set. She also had at least 6" of shell above her head. She'd definitely be able to make it RF'ing in this seat till she's 3yo maybe even longer. I doubt they'll keep her RF'ing that long but they are all set to go till 2yo at least.:thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

hey, you never know... if she's happy and comfortable, they might not mess with what is working.

In fact, I'd encourage them not to turn her until she outgrows it or is over 2 AND complaining.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC