Reassure me on my Britax :)

Stacy

I have my DD FF now that she hit the RF limit of her RA 50. I have tried a bunch of different seats in the car, but none fit as well FF in the center seat as her RA 50 does. This thing is rock solid, and leaves enough hip/shoulder room for other passengers. I like the full EPS foam on the seat, and the versa tether. Plus, I really like the way she fits in the seat, too. The ONLY problem I have is those pesky TC videos in the back of my mind, and it's freaking me out a little bit about my RA.

Please reassure me that my seat is indeed safe :eek::).

*not planning on getting another RF seat. FF now. Thanks ;)

ADS

rachelandtyke

There have not been stories all over the media of the Britax seats failing in accidents, or even stories around here to that nature. The seats have not been recalled, even TC did not say to stop using the seat.

If it fits properly in your car, your dd fits properly in it, and you install and use it correctly every time you use it, then it is a safe seat. :) I would not hesitate to use it.

Mom2FiveGirls

It passed testing. Its still safe. If that seat installed well and worked best in my situation, I wouldn't have any worries with using it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, you're fine. It was that super huge dummy that had the scary-looking results, right? I get a little quivery when I hear about heavy 6 year olds crammed into those seats (I read about 47" 55 pound kids, I don't even know how they FIT in the thing), but an average/petite kid wouldn't give me any concern. :)

luckyclov

Yep, I'd continue on using it as long as it installs properly in your vehicle and your kiddo fits properly in the seat. It wasn't recalled. It still passed testing. And, as was already mentioned, it was gigantor sized crash test dummies for TC's stuff.

Stacy

Yeah, she's average size for a 2.5yo, at least according to her ped when he plugs in her stats into his laptop at her checkups. I couldn't imagine a kindergartener riding in a convertible car seat. I plan on only using this seat until she turns 3, then I will be moving her into a Frontier (actually, I already have it, but I think she needs to grow into it a little more, plus it dosen't install well in the center & I will choose that spot over that seat any day).

Sometimes I wish I never saw those TC videos. I see why they say ignorance is bliss ;).

Last edited:

brelza

Yeah, she's average size for a 2.5yo, at least according to her ped when he plugs in her stats into his laptop at her checkups. I couldn't imagine a kindergartener riding in a convertible car seat. I plan on only using this seat until she turns 3, then I will be moving her into a Frontier (actually, I already have it, but I think she needs to grow into it a little more, plus it dosen't install well in the center & I will choose that spot over that seat any day).

Sometimes I wish I never saw those TC videos. I see why they say ignorance is bliss ;).

I don't have a clue what TC videos are. Maybe I'll need to google.

I have a britax boulevard and I just took my daughter out of it. I know what you mean about the installation of seats fitting so well. We needed a narrow 5pt harness in the middle back of our minivan and this fit the bill for her. She's 6 and in K. She had about 1/2" shoulder height and loved the seat and was quite comfy in it. She actually didn't want to give it up. I passed it down to her little brother who needed a seat soon. She's 44lb and 45.5" so about average.

henrietta

Almost all of the kindergarten age kids I know still fit in the larger convertibles, such as the EFTA, Marathons, Radians, True Fit, and Complete Air. Many of them are riding in combo seats, b/c they handed down their convertible to a younger sibling. But they still fit in the convertible and weren't even complaining. At our preschool, most of the 4-5 yrs olds are in Marathons. :)

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC