Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician LuckyFins3Lil'Fish's Avatar

Safety 1st Rumi Air booster

Has this been discussed here yet? I didn't find anything on here about it but I may not have searched good enough.
    DS: 2-3-06 Boostered in a Diono Monterey. DDs: 3-21-08 FF Evenflo Big Kid Amp & Britax Frontier 85 Booster Mode
    Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next. ~Franklin P. Jones

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician LuckyFins3Lil'Fish's Avatar

Re: Safety 1st Rumi Air booster

Ok, so I found other threads on it after posting. Hahahaha

You can delete this if you'd like to mods. Unless of course there's any new news to share on it.
    DS: 2-3-06 Boostered in a Diono Monterey. DDs: 3-21-08 FF Evenflo Big Kid Amp & Britax Frontier 85 Booster Mode
    Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next. ~Franklin P. Jones

Safety 1st put up a photo from lifesavers on their facebook page. The rumi/essential air was in the photo, so I asked. Safety 1st responded that it should be in stores this summer. Of course, last year they said August, then pushed it to September before all talk just died away.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Wink Re: Safety 1st Rumi Air booster

Hi, I contacted Cosco and talked to one of their reps and she said that it will be a Babies R Us only car seat and that it will be coming soon. I talked to Babies R Us and they do not know when they will receive the seat for sale. It will most likely be another month or so before the new line of seat come out. Hope all this helps.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Yeah, it had been on the BRU site saying April...I haven't seen it on the planogram yet, though, so I hope it's not super-delayed (the booster wall is looking a little sparse, there's definitely a need for another seat right about now...)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

It looks the the captain's chair of a space ship to me.
    Genevieve - CPST Instructor
    Ninja - 9
    Gambit - 7
    Rocket - 3

So it's on BRU's page. I clicked for demo and it talks about highlights of the seat.

"One click latch system. Single click system allows for quicker and easier instalation when moving between vehicles"

"quick fit harness system" Looks to adjust like the Graco Argos will
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70