Window Cling Shades

natysr

Does anyone have any recommendations of specific brands of cling-style window shades. I know there are several on the market, but I would like one that does not bubble and has a clean look. My husband would never go for the bubbles. He wants to have the windows tinted, but I don't want to spend the money right now. This would be fore the back window of a Civic.

Thanks.

ADS

TheRealMacGyver

If you're talking about those square plastic sheets that are tinted that you can buy at Wal-mart or Target, my experience of them has been bad. I ended up throwing mine in the garbage because they kept falling down. It may be due to the Florida climate (high humidity + temp.), but I would go with the tint or some other option. Keep in mind that you don't want anything that could potentially become a projectile in an accident. My :twocents: on cling shades is :thumbsdown:

teekadog

After a year of struggling with all those aftermarket sun shades, I finally caved and went with a tint job and we are much happier. The kids are happier to have less glare and still an unobstructed view, while the car is MUCH cooler in the summer! :twocents:

jn__

I haven't had a problem with the window clings. I don't remember the brand, but they weren't with the baby stuff, they were with the car stuff, and gray and not full of pooh and mickey lol. Just to be clear I mean a cling,.. just a piece of plastic like a giant colorform. That's not much of a projectile like the "shades" that you pull down.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Tint is probably the best thing -- my self cling shades from Safety 1st were a free baby gift (like diaper & formula samples) ... worked GREAT: could roll the window down, up, change from car to car, etc. The ones my mom has found basically suck, though :eek:

amy919

I also had the Safety 1st ones that Papooses mentioned.They worked great until my kid figured out how to pull them off and try to eat them. I chose sun over choking.

I also want my windows tinted, but can't afford it right now. I have seen pre-cut sheets of of tint on ebay that are supposed to be really easy to do yourself. They make them to fit your exact car. A friend of my DH's bought tint at Pep Boys and did it himself. He also did DH's old truck. It looked perfect - totally professional, but took a lot of time and you've got to do it exactly right.

Amy

Kellyr2

Most self-cling ones ARE going to bubble some. Mine was almost perfect for a while, but after several months of heating and cooling, it's got bubbles. Mine are eddie bauer from Target.
We're getting ours tinted this summer though.

southpawboston

After a year of struggling with all those aftermarket sun shades, I finally caved and went with a tint job and we are much happier. The kids are happier to have less glare and still an unobstructed view, while the car is MUCH cooler in the summer! :twocents:

yep, that's what we're finally doing this summer. :thumbsup:

natysr:

He wants to have the windows tinted, but I don't want to spend the money right now.

a cheap alternative would be to buy yourself a roll of automotive tint from the automotive section of any large store (or auto parts store) for $5-7 and cut yourself two pieces, and apply them to the side windows (using soap water and a squeegie, which is provided with the roll). you won't have the problem with bubbles, but it will be semi-permanent... i.e., when you want to remove it, you will have to use a razor blade and goo-gone, and some elbow grease. but it may just solve your problem in terms of bubbles and cost.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC