Booster or no booster?

Mom2FiveGirls

Here is DD1 (10 years, 80 lbs, 56'') in her nbb (harmony literider...the only one I could get to work on each side of the radian...).

alyssa2.jpg
I think the lap belt fit is good, but I'm not so sure about the shoulder belt fit...it seems too low, too far off her shoulder...something...

But here she is without the booster:

alyssa3.jpg

alyssa4.jpg

Not really liking that belt fit either...

So what do you think? I can't move her to a different seating position, because with the girls and the seats they are in, I really don't have any other options unless I put DD3 (7 on April 11) in a NBB and I don't want to do that. She still sleeps even on shortish trips.

ADS

christineka

I don't like either. Can she use the shoulder belt positioner? That should help position the shoulder belt. The lap belt looks good with the booster.

Mom2FiveGirls

I don't like either. Can she use the shoulder belt positioner? That should help position the shoulder belt. The lap belt looks good with the booster.

I don't like either either :( I swear I don't think the literiders came with shoulder belt positioners. They should have, right? I bought 2 at the same time and don't remember either of them having one... hmm...

Mom2FiveGirls

The positioner is attached to the bottom of the seat. It may be tucked into the cover.

That's exactly where it was...lol. I feel like such an idiot :) I just went out to the van and flipped it over and couldn't believe how stupid that post was going to make me look...lol. I'm uploading new pics now. Its cold and raining (well drizzling anyway) so I didn't stay out there long, but I think it looks better with the positioner!

Mom2FiveGirls

Well I'll post pictures with the positioner tomorrow. The ones I took were way too dark to see anything (taken with my cell phone) and my camera battery is dead. I'll get some tomorrow.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I want to see it with the positioner, too. But, I'm still not sure if I'll like it. It will pull the shoulder belt where it needs to be, but then you introduce some slack into the belt. The positioner isn't going to hold in a crash, so where are those couple of inches in the belt going to go?

I have this problem in my van too. Luckily, my kids are not to nbb age yet so I've been able to avoid issues, but I'll run into it eventually.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC