OT Ebay Shipping

ADS

ktmo

I don't know the official rules, but I have never asked a buyer to pay more for shipping. I feel that it is my fault for not researching it enough. And I don't want them to leave bad feedback. Although, postal rates did just go up, so maybe she just didn't know.

I don't know what I would do.

Katie

jennsmile

I found the envelopes for $4.60 but buzz is in box.

Here is her message.

Hi! Thanks for your order! I went to ship your item this morning. It ended up costing me $2.14 more than the $4 I charged you and was wondering....since it's all ready to ship would you be able to paypal me the $2.14 difference or I could re-package it and try to make it lighter (without a box) and ship it that way. Let me know and I'll do which ever makes you more comfortable. Thanks! Megan

My friend helped me write this reply.

Hi! Thanks for getting Buzz all packed and ready to go. We are looking forward to receiving the toy. I'm very sorry to hear of the increased shipping costs however, I agreed to pay $4 in shipping for the Buzz in a box and will expect such. I'm sure you understand. Thanks!
Jenn

ktmo

I think your email is well written. I don't think I would give her more for shipping. She should have figured it out before she put it up for auction.

Katie

R&J'sMom

I just bought a Buzz light year toy off Ebay. And paid for it. Now after the auction is over they want to up the shipping by $2.14. Legally can they do that or do they have to suck up the extra cost?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118663508&sspagename=ADME:L:AAQ:US:1

Jenn

She can't do this, it's against ebay rules. You entered into a contract to purchase the item with a set shipping amount. If the seller didn't do proper research before listing the item then she needs to suck it up and pay the additional fee and ship the item. You can report her to ebay for even asking for more money after the auction. A friend of mine recently went through this, she purchased a large climber through ebay and paid $50 for shipping and the seller claimed after the auction that shipping would be $100. My friend reported her to ebay and the seller had to ship the item and eat the additional cost. This is why it's SO inportant to do proper research on shipping PRIOR to listing an item. If she refuses to ship the item you can report her for this violation:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

jennsmile

Here is her reply.

Hi again. Thanks for your response. There is no way I can ship it as is for $4. I will wrap it the best way possible and ship for the amount you paid. I'm so thrown off by these new shipping costs that I have to learn all over how much it's going to cost. The rates are really different and much higher. It will go out today. Thanks again! Megan

jennsmile

Should I leave it as is.
Or should I send her this email....

Hello Megan, As you realize Ebay has restrictions against changing prices and item descriptions after the sale. I have agreed to buy the Buzz IN a box for $4 shipping. I have been prompt on my payment and have fufilled my buyers obligations, I expect you to show the same courtesy as the seller. I will expect to see my Buzz in a box shipped to me soon. Any other action will result in my contacting Ebay promptly. Thanks for understanding. ....

Dillipop

send her the email- you paid for that box! And do it as soon as possible before she can repackage and send out the toy.

NanceXToo

I see you sent it already but yes I was going to say absolutely send it. She has to ship it to you AS DESCRIBED IN THE AUCTION for the amount specified; she can NOT make changes once the auction is over, and if she insists she is going to, inform her that you will report her to ebay and leave her negative feedback.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC