I need help making a decision...

poohbearkrazy

Okay guys, I need help making a decision. Problem is, my DH seems to be totally against it....

I'm trying to make my decision on weather or not to turn DS#3 back RF. He turned 3 in January and we turned him forward facing because DH is not completely comfortable driving with the RF seat behind him. DH drives 99% of the time. This is really eating me up inside and I feel like i'm not doing what is best for DS :(. I tested the theory yesterday before I picked DH up from work, I adjusted the drivers seat one click up (where it was with the radian there). As soon as he got in and buckled his seat belt, he says"why did you move the seat up". Sigh...I guess he really does need that extra inch of room :(. I told him that I really want to put DS back rf and he said that he doesn't like the idea at all, he had all kinds of excuses but none of them were "good enough" if you know what I mean. DH eventually told me to do whatever I wanted because I know whats safest, but I feel like i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...........

Okay if you made it through all that mumbo jumbo, what would you do? I just sold my last Radian a month ago, but i'm more than willing to trade one of our frontiers to get another one. DS is 40 lbs and has a 16 in. torso. Would you suck it up, and pat yourself on the back because you got your child to 3 rf, or what?

TIA

ADS

poohbearkrazy

why not just put the RFing seat behind the passenger seat? what am i missing?

I tried every other position in the van and the radian over reclines as soon as DS gets into it. Unfortunately, the radian is the only seat the DS still fits in RF :(. Our van has the bench seat in the middle row, and it doesn't extend behind the passengers seat, so there's no where to brace it.

poohbearkrazy

Does your bench slide over so the seating positions would be behind passenger and driver?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I read the manuel and it looks like the bench has to be behind the drivers side. I was laying in bed this morning wishing I could find a couple of the bucket seats to trade out the bench seat for.

Mommy2Marcus

I am personally fine with a 3 yo FF. I turned my son not long after he turned 3. The biggest reason it took me that long to do was b/c I was to lazy to uninstall & reinstall his seat.

So I say that if you have to buy a new seat & your DH is opposed to it, then I would leave him FF. As long as he is in a properly used, properly installed & top tethered seat, then I would be happy he made it to 3 yo RF. :twocents:

jess71903

Ambassador
I dealt with this exact situation with my DH. I guess I never honestly thought we'd get DS to 3 RF, because at the time, the highest RF limit was 35lbs. Well, then the Radians and 40lb RF seats came out and I got a Radian. Apparently DH remembered me saying my goal was 3, because the day DS turned 3, he wanted to turn him. I didn't like it, and we fought, but eventually I gave in and FF he stayed. I'm okay with it now.

For me, it's not worth the fight to RF a 3 year old. I would if I could, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC