3 Across Help

sjfost

I drive a 2006 Chevrolet Impala with 3 sets of LATCH and 3 top tethers. I currently have an almost 5 y/o, 63 pounds in a HBTB and a 15 month old RF in a Classic Marathon.

Right now I have the HBTB behind the drivers seat and the Marathon RF in the center. Occasionally I have to take my niece or my friends daughter to school when I take my son and I *can* fit another HBTB behind the passenger but it's a pain to buckle. Both girls are the same age as my almost 5 y/o but roughly 15-20 pounds lighter than him - if they were mine, they'd be harnessed but both mom's had a fit when I voiced my thoughts on that. They do both sit well in a booster and are in a HB in my car vs a NB in their parent's vehicles.

This fall, I will be transporting my friends daughter 3 days per week so I'd like to have something a little more convenient. What convertible seat would work for my 15 month old and allow decent access to buckle the boosters? I'd love to have a Radian 80SL or XTSL but DH about passed out when I showed him the price on them. I also move seats from my vehicle into my parents at least a few times per month and would like something that's easy to install. We have a Scenera and I HATE to install it. It's so hard to get tight compared to our Marathons & Frontiers.

ADS

rachelandtyke

Can you move the RF Marathon to the side and have the two HBTB next to each other where the buckles are together. For overall protection, it is best to have the last protected occupant in the center, so that would be a child in the HBTB, not the RF Marathon.

sjfost

Can you move the RF Marathon to the side and have the two HBTB next to each other where the buckles are together. For overall protection, it is best to have the last protected occupant in the center, so that would be a child in the HBTB, not the RF Marathon.

I haven't been able to get the 2 boosters to fit next to each other without the outside one tipping toward the center because of the way my back seat is shaped. I'll have to try again though.

sjfost

I haven't been able to get the 2 boosters to fit next to each other without the outside one tipping toward the center because of the way my back seat is shaped. I'll have to try again though.

I spent over an hour tonight trying to get the MA behind the passenger and the HBTB's side by side and I can't make it fit. I installed the MA with seatbelt and moved it as close to the door as I could. I can get a good install with it but no matter what I do, I can't get a HBTB in the center beside it. The (for lack of better word) swell in the middle of the back hits against the side of the MA and won't get close enough to the MA for the HBTB to fit between the seat belts. It totally covers the double buckles for the center and drivers side seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC