List of seats that are good for traveling

Laurette

Can we get a list in one thread possible with pictures/links of the seats that are good for traveling? I have seen them before and read about them but I can't allways reacal their names. I know there is a harness, and another that uses something like a backless booster and has a harness attached to it.

Any others?

Thanks!

ADS

ctbcleveland

The two you are referring to are:

Ride Safer Travel Vest:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/RideSafer-Car-Seat-Travel-Vest/dp/B000KCV61U"]Amazon.com: RideSafer Car Seat Travel Vest - Size Small 30 - 60 lb and 34 - 52 Inches - Blue: Baby[/ame]

Safeguard Go/Safety First Go.
http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Pr...ails/2384-22256AHE-Go-Hybrid-Booster-Car-Seat

In addition to this, I would add:

The Radian, because of its ability to fold, which is convenient for older harnessed children that can sit using a lap belt or CARES harness.
This seat will fit folded in the overhead bin of a standard jet, not a regional jet.

The Scenera: Lightweight convertible and fits well in some umbrella strollers for transport

The Maestro : lighter weight seat for older harnessed kids, can use the tray table when installed on the plane. Does not rear-face.

CARES HARNESS: Alternative to using your seat on the plane.

http://www.kidsflysafe.com/

Some seats are NOT approved for airline travel, mainly due to size. Always look for a sticker on the side of your seat.

DahliaRW

I would add that the first two are not FAA approved, while the maestro, radian, and scenera can all be used on the plane with harness. Though, the RSTV and Go would both fit in the overhead bin, so you wouldn't have to gate check.

vonfirmath

I would add the Marathon and the Roundabout50 as seats good for travelling, because they install SO well in such a variety of cars on the other end. (once you are comfortable with your kid sitting FF, yes the Maestro is better. But I do not find the Radian or the Scenera easy to install RFing so I'd rather, when dealing with strange cars, have a seat I'm sure my kid can actually sit in RFing on the other end.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC