GN as booster fit yes or no?

mburks26

I have only 8 lbs before dd out grows this by weight. Will the belt fit get any better.
32158776895_ORIG.jpg

32158776807_ORIG.jpg

32158776790_ORIG.jpg

yes shoulder belt is on her neck I even tried moving it up to the next level and it was really on her neck.

Am I just sol on using the GN in booster mode ?

ADS

mburks26

Even with her arms down the belt its on her neck. The backless lite rider fits her better then the GN does in booster mode.
I swear she has gained at least 6lbs since Aug when school started. I so hope she slows down.

Pixels

Lap belt fit looks good. Shoulder belt on her neck isn't a problem as long as she doesn't sit improperly to try to get comfortable. Moving the headrest up will put it more on her neck, so you want it as low as possible.

And who is that big girl? Goodness, not the baby/toddler in your siggy.

mburks26

yep hard to belive she is almost 6 now and I still cant belive she cut her hair that one time after she was 2 and half and all her pretty curls never came back.
We have a Vivo so after she out grows the harness Vivo will be her main
Trying to decide to sell or what to do with the GN when we out grow the harness. We have a lite rider as well that fits great and there are a few cars she has to use that in because of the head rest in the car push the Vivo forward and its not flush. She has not been in those car at all yet but here soon she might every once in a while. I just hope we can get closer to 7 before she outgrows the harness. Ill be just a little more comfortable for once in a while back up backless at 7.

Kat_Momof3

the lapbelt is decent, but the vivo would definitely be better... and I don't like the shoulderbelt fit at all... if the next lowest setting is too low, then I just wouldn't use it for her unless you HAD to.

did you try an evenflo big kid/big kid sport in the other car? the design makes it work really well with slightly angled headrests

mburks26

The other cars I cant really try before. Ones a Jeep commander and the other 2 are Jettas not really sure on the years, both are aunts cars. I tried her in a Big Kid the one with lights in our truck and I am not sure one fit at all. I took pics but now can not find what I did with the pics. I don't have the seat anymore it was her cousins that they use every once in awhile on long trips even though the LO has out grown the darn thing by height. (we are not going there.) Plus DH does not want me buying another seat.
I have already put the money I was going to get DD another Vivo toward my sisters seat as shes expecting by the end of the year.
DD in lite rider
32146222026_ORIG.jpg

The only pic I could find of the big kid taken in May last year before she turned 5
img1274806046003.jpg

I have 8 lbs to figure it out so humm need to win the price of a Vivo on a lottery ticket lol.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Lapbelt fit looks great to me and I'm not really worried about the shoulderbelt fit - I think it looks worse in that picture than it is because of her shoulder being raised. I'd also wonder if that is the right height - it's hard to tell because of her shoulders being raised as to whether or not you'd be able to lower the headrest down a notch.

At any rate, like Pixels said - as long as she doesn't try to move the shoulderbelt behind her back for comfort, then it's perfectly fine. And you may find that those 8 lbs are enough height for her to have a fabulous shoulder belt fit.

henrietta

I don't know what kind of vehicle the GN will be used in as a booster, but in my friend's Sienna, the second row captains chairs move back and forth like front seats do. Moving the seat back all the way actually improved the lap belt fit on my son a lot. But I think your dd looks pretty good in it as is.

henrietta

mburks26

The GN is used in 2003 Ford 150 cant move the seats.
I might be able to move the head rest to the lower spot as she is in the top harness. Im not sure.
pic of growning room in the harness in pic the head rest is all the way up not where it supposed to be for harness mode I just rasied it to see the slots easier
32158776770_ORIG.jpg

The more I think about it if gas prices keep going up the car will be the main 95 civic and the GN does not work in booster mode. When we outgrow the harness we are going to have to get another Vivo in case we have an extra kid with us as the Vivo is the only high back that works.

And as for as the other cars Jetta and Jeeps that will be less then 1x a month thing.

Kat_Momof3

well, the big kid lapbelt fit is fine... and it looks like the literider gives her a good fit, too.

I'd probably use the vivo as the main booster when she outgrows the Nauti harness, and if the Nauti doesn't work in booster mode for her, sell it and use the money from it to buy another big kid/big kid sport or just use the literider. I hate to see such a young one use a backless, but it fits and the vehicles have a reason for her using one with the headrest issues.... AND she's not using them often.

Baylor

Remember that you can latch that GN too. So that is a bonus in booster mode. It keeps it nice and straight.
I would like to see a picture with her shoulders down and arms in the normal position.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC