Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    mkay0824

Evenflo Titan Elite Convertible Installation

Hello,

We currently have the Evenflo Titan Elite Convertible car seat for my 19 month old son. We used to have a 2006 Mazda 3 but have had to get rid of it due to needing more space for everything in the vehicle. We are looking into a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.

The Mazda 3 had the LATCH system installed in it. That is the only system that I am familiar with. I am wondering what the 2001 Jeep has and what is the best way to install the car seat in it. As in, does it have any anchors at all or will I need to use just the seat belt? Is there any sort of tether system already installed in the vehicle? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: Evenflo Titan Elite Convertible Installation

2005 and newer Grand Cherokees have 2 outboard sets of lower LATCH anchors per the LATCH manual, but the 2001-2004 Grand Cherokees don't have lower LATCH anchors. Installing with the vehicle seatbelt is always a means to install a carseat provided that you can achieve a proper installation. The 2001-2004 Grand Cherokee models have 2 factory equipped top tether anchors, located in the cargo area ceiling near the rear courtesy lamp, with 1 tether anchor for the rear passenger side and 1 for the rear driver's side, but no tether anchor for the center rear seating position. The 2001-2004 models are not retrofittable with a top tether anchor in the center per the LATCH manual in case you were also wondering about that (nor can lower LATCH anchors be retrofitted).
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Evenflo Titan Elite Convertible Installation

Just keep in mind that for a 19 month old, since you'll be installing the seat rear facing, you don't need to worry about tether anchors yet.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785