Help! I have two days to find a car seat!

zactayaus

My niece will be turning 1yo on Friday. I offered to buy her a new car seat (otherwise she'd be going into an expired seat). Money is tight on our end but even worse for them. SIL just got laid off last month and BIL's work has been on and off. She is currently in a KF22. I haven't seen her since x-mas and at that time she still did fit in it by both weight and height (had about 2" of shell left).

I can't spend a lot so I'm thinking a 40lb RF Scenera from Target? Any other suggestions?

Oh, and SIL is all on board to RF to at least 2yo.:D

ADS

NannyMom

Re: Help! I have two days to find a car seat!

I think the Scenera40 is a great idea. economical but will last a few years

Pixels

DO you think she'll turn around 2yo, or go much longer than that? 35 RFing will get her to 2yo and even 3yo most likely.

zactayaus

DO you think she'll turn around 2yo, or go much longer than that? 35 RFing will get her to 2yo and even 3yo most likely.

I'm pretty certain she'll turn her at 2. She was all set to turn her as soon as she hit 20lbs but then she heard about the "new" law.:whistle:

ctbcleveland

People familiar with the tribute say that it seems to last as a long as the Scenera for whatever reason despite being an inch different.

Here is the link I was thinking of the Tribute, from JoolsPlus3

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=160332

Another option would be an Avenue. My Marshall's had them last week. Only a 35 lb weight limit, but if they will turn her at 2, that should be plenty for most kids. Plus, it will last longer FF and has EPS foam.

xxluckychicxx

Another vote for a Tribute. EPS foam and a much easier install. I've got friends that own both and DD seems to have a little *more* time in the Tribute.

Sent from my HTC HERO using Car-Seat.Org

zactayaus

Ok, so what stores carry a pink tribute? I need to be able to go there and pick one up. No time to order online.

ETA: What is the difference between the Tribute 5 and the Tribute Sport?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
WalMart has pink ones. And even though it measures shorter it installs more upright when FF so you actually gain more room. It's a super easy install, and IMO...better quality in terms of 'feel'. It's still light, but feels more solid than the Scenara.

Kat_Momof3

I think they are about equal. Since she's gonna turn at 2, I'd probably get the Tribute for the eps foam and easier install... after she outgrows it, a Maestro will get her to booster-readiness.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Anyone know which one has more RF leg room?

You mean between the 2 Evenflos? Or the Tribute and the Scenera?? Kaylee has TONS of leg room in her Tribute. Her feet don't even touch the vehicle seat. WAY more than she has in the BV. She's never been in a Scenera so I can't compare. As for the 2 Evenflo's...structurally I think they are the same.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Love my Tribute...would take pictures comparing it to my Scenera, but the S is currently in use by a cute little kiddo in his mom's car, and I got the T to replace it.

NannyMom

Evenflo seats are generous in leg room. Sofi always had a ton in her Titan. Ass far as the Tribute Sport vs Tribute 5.... My guess is it's similar to the differences between Titan and Titan Sport. Titan has infant padding and 2 cup holders. Titan sport has no infant padding and 1 cup holder.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
This is my 3yr old rf'ing in the Tribute. He still fits by weight and height. Granted, he's tiny.

TributeVSRoundabout008.jpg

The seat is his sister's spare in dh's car. She is 27lbs and on the 3rd slot (2nd from top).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC