Anyone want to help with a 5 seat puzzle?

Karen

It is a 2000 Sienna. She needs 5 seats in there. Two RFing, two in HB boosters and one FFing harnessed. She tried a Maestro in the middle with two Vivos on the side and it was a no go. I feel like I read somewhere that a radian doesn't work well in the center of the Sienna, is it FFing or RFing?
The hatch is broken, or I would recommend putting all three of the harnessed kids in the back and putting the RFers in through the trunk (I've had to do this a lot, it sucks, but is easier than going in through the front.) So she HAS to go in through the front and she is in and out of the car about 4 times a day.
Thanks for any help you can give!

ADS

MommaWhitney

I have an 09 seinna. Ive got two captain chairs and a bench in the back. If it were me Id try this
Driver captain: rf
Passenger captain: booster because I can take the booster out and fold the seat up to get to the back. Put all the kids in and then put the booster back and use it.
Back bench passenger:booster or ff
Bench middle: ff or booster depending on what type of belt is there. Lap only would mean no go for the booster.
Bench driver: rf

Since Ive never tried that many seats in my car I have no idea if that would work in real life BUT Id try it.

Karen

Sorry, I didn't see any responses until now!

This car has been a nightmare! She will buy any seat at all that will make it work.

Right now we have two radians, two vivos, two classic BLVDs a FR 85 and a Maestro to try to get in there.

What we have in there right now is in the back bench RF radian, RF BLVD, maestro. Then the two vivos on the captains chairs.

Having the two RFers in the back is terrible. I think ideally I would find three seats that would fit FF across in the back. Her 7 and 6 yos are really bad booster riders and she ordered a FR85 for both of them. I sure hope I can get them in there somewhere!

I am wondering if I can get two FR 85s with a convertible seat with a base in between them FFing. Anyone know if this is possible? I cannot get a FFing radian in any of the three seating positions to hold, but I would definitely try again if someone says it is possible!

Thanks for any and all help!

luvmy2

I will be in the same predicament soon. I'll have two RF'ers, two FF and one booster. Right now I have a Parkway SGL, and a GN on the bench seat 3rd row (2010 Kia Sedona, not very wide). I don't know if I can fit the BV FF'ing back there or not. I may have to order a XTSL to fit in the middle, but then I'm not sure how we'll get the booster buckled.

Sorry, I'm no help!

ssh

I just installed a TF 65 FF in the center of my 3rd row and have 2 radians. I'll see if I can install them FFing on the outboard seats tomorrow. My Sienna has LATCH on the middle and passenger sides, but not the driver side on the bench, so that will have to be a seat belt install. I can try a Classic Marathon, too. I'll see if I can post some pictures too. I don't use the 3rd row for seats much, but am interested to know as well!

momtoo3

I don't know if the My Ride puzzles with the Frontier 85 but it puzzles well FF with the Nautilus. In our small car I can get the My Ride FF in the middle with the Nauti on either side. The MyRide also puzzles with the Parkway SG when she is ready to booster again.

Karen

Hum, I hadn't thought of a MyRide! I need to look up how high the slots are. It is for a 4 yo. He still fits in the BLVD classic though, and I think the slots are comparable. That may be a good option instead of a RA 55.

christineka

I have an '07 sienna. I know it is different from the 2000 sienna, but not sure how.

Here are some scenerios that have worked well for me for that third row:

rfing radian, ffing radian, vivo (I can easily step up into the van through the side door and lean over into the back to buckle ds. I have a similar setup right now. I just leave the headrest off the captain's chair so I can actually reach in the back, although 9 yo, who rides in the booster can buckle ds as well.)

ffing radian, ffing radian, vivo. It would mean that a booster kid would have to fit in the radian. It's really tight too.

momtoo3

Hum, I hadn't thought of a MyRide! I need to look up how high the slots are. It is for a 4 yo. He still fits in the BLVD classic though, and I think the slots are comparable. That may be a good option instead of a RA 55.

The base on the MR is only 11 inches wide but the rest of the seat is wider. Because of the design it sits higher and puzzles really well. It works for us where a Marathon did not. My oldest can also buckle his nbb (big kid) next to it without a problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC