Question Honda Civic: Britax Marathon 65 or Graco Snug Ride 65

U

Unregistered

I am looking to purchase a convertible seat for my LO, who has outgrown her infant seat. I like both the Britax Marathon 65 and the Graco My Ride 65, and both seem to have very similar features. We will be using this in our Honda Civic (4dr) sedan.

Would appreciate some opinions on which seat might be the better fit for our car or some personal experience using either of these. Some reviews seem to be concerned about the recline on the MR65 (especially FF).

Thanks!

ADS

mommycat

Both seat should work fine in the Civic. I have the '07 and have the MR installed, and have used the classic MA. I am guessing the new MA would work as well. I have not had any issues with installing seats in the new-model Civic. I was not thriled with the FF install in the Civic but it was probably acceptable. I didn't like how reclined the seat was for FF but it has been tested this way so who am I to say whether it is or isn't safe? There was a discrepancy between US CS and Cdn CS as to whether the feet have to touch the vehicle seat or not. The discussion is here; I posted pics in the Civic in the thread (post #25).
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=119703

I really do like the MyRide and it has more leg room and a taller shell than the new Britax seats. I haven't seen one of those in person but I would probably go for the cheaper MyRide with features I know are great, and worry about FF later.

How tall etc is your child? If they are tall, neither of these seats are the best choice. The Radian fit fine RF and FF in there as well. The TrueFit also. The Complete Air probably would too.

mommycat

The pre-2006 model year Civics were a fair bit smaller, so your model year will make a difference. I forgot to mention that, thanks Pepse. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC