inflatable booster

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I don't think that's really certified to use in the U.S., compliant with FMVSS 213. Show me a production version of the seat with the appropriate FMVSS stickers and maybe I'll believe it. ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, the Bubble Bum is coming soon.... http://thecarseatlady.blogspot.com/2010/12/bubble-bum-most-innovative-backless.html

Yeah, I'll believe the first one when I see the FMVSS 213 sticker. And if you really buy (and the statistics do bear it out, but I'm a worrywort and like solid sidewings by my kids' heads) that the only thing a booster does is position the seatbelt properly, then there's probably nothing wrong with it, if it does that.

LuvBug

The first one looks like it would only fit a very small range of children as far as keeping the seatbelt in the proper place. I'd love to see it pass FMVSS 213.

The second one seems like it would be a good travel/taxi booster for older children who might not fit right in every vehicle they move to.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I guess a way to keep the belt a little lower on the hips would be better, but otherwise I'm pretty impressed with that test....

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well, the Bubble Bum is coming soon.... http://thecarseatlady.blogspot.com/2010/12/bubble-bum-most-innovative-backless.html

Yeah, I'll believe the first one when I see the FMVSS 213 sticker. And if you really buy (and the statistics do bear it out, but I'm a worrywort and like solid sidewings by my kids' heads) that the only thing a booster does is position the seatbelt properly, then there's probably nothing wrong with it, if it does that.

Oh, I seriously need a Bubble Bum!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It was said that the Bubble Bum is tested both inflated and not, correct?

That would make sense, both from a misuse perspective, and also because it's the strap-guides that hold the belt low (like some of the maternity belt guides in other countries that are just straps holding the belt lower on your sides, though a link to that escapes me ATM).

Kat_Momof3

I like bubblebum... it provides a really niche product to people who do a LOT of traveling once their kid is big enough to use a backless booster, or to carry in case of needing to take an unplanned taxi when (again) the kid is big enough for a backless booster)

you could fit 1-3 of them in a large purse and go out shopping in the city and when a thunderstorm hits, inflate, hail a cab, and seat them all safely.

but the other thread more specific to easy carseat is where I've said my piece on that horrible thing.

luckyclov

I don't really have anything to say about the product, but as I was viewing the easycarseat.com link, my DD came up behind me and said (after reading), with a shocked look on her face, "Car seat in a hangbag?! Mommy, their purse must be bigger than YOURS!"

Kids.:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC