Trans Air and car seats?

zactayaus

A friend called me this morning to ask for help. Her family will be going to Disney over Spring break. They will be flying via Trans Air. She called them and asked about taking her 2.9yo ds' car seat. They told her she would have to gate check it as they don't allow car seats on the flight.:confused: She's upset and figured she'd ask me since I'm the car seat know it all.:rolleyes:

Anyone know if this is true? Is it possible she misunderstood what they were saying? She's already paid for the tickets so she can't switch airlines now.

She also has a 4.7yo dd that she wants to bring a backless booster for (she's currently in a harnessed seat) because they don't want to lug around two big car seats. Should she pack the backless in a suit case or can she have her dd bring it on the plane as a carry on?

Thanks. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to air travel as I've never flown with my kids.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Is it an American airline? If so they can't refuse an FAA approved seat.

A backless is fine. I'd probably bring it on board so it's not lost or damaged.

Wendy

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
They probably really did say that, but they're wrong.

I can't link right now, but find the blog post I wrote about FAA regulations. She should print out the info there to take with her. (go to carseatblog.com, type FAA in the search box, and look for the one about flying with kids)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC