At my first day of CPST class!

violets_mommy

Did you know there is a new Britax seat out... Yeah neither did I... Today was my first day at class for CPST. I definitely had to bite my tongue several times. One of the instructers were talking about some seats, how all seats meet the same standards and just because a seat is more expensive doesn't mean it's better.

He mentioned a new seat that is out by Britax that cost's $1500. It is a RF, FF and a booster seat. It even has it's own airbags!!! :p

Anyway, I had a great first day. I am the only person there because I want to be. There are only 7 people in my class. Two police, four firefighters and then me. :)

Last edited:
ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
violets_mommy said:
He mentioned a new seat that is out by Britax that cost's $1500. It is a RF, FF and a booster seat. It even has it's own airbags!!! :p

My guess is he's either very mistaken or a good exaggerator. No mention of anything remotely like that at Lifesavers, and even Britax would be insane to charge $1500 for a seat.

Enjoy the class though!

christineka

I had great success speaking up in my class. While the people actually instructing didn't know everything, there was an instructor sitting in the back who was very up to date. The instructors really were interested to hear what I had to say. During breaks they'd even go look things up that I had brought up, like super latch. One instructor had to dig to find a frontier to make sure that it really didn't have either lockoffs nor a locking clip. You might try speaking up once to see how it goes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC