big problem with GN

bethng

My friend has her 5 yo in a graco nautilus (harnessed). Well, all of a sudden her son was able to lean forward (with some effort) and loosen the straps so he could get his arms out! My friend tried pulling on them and the same thing happened. She could pull them loose after buckling him in. She called graco this morning and they want her to send in the bottom part of the seat and they will replace it and hopefully that will solve the problem but they said they wont be able to tell her what went wrong with her seat in the first place. Just a FYI....check your GN straps!

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

Um, WOW!!!! I will be checking mine tomorrow. It is chilly & raining. He will not go anywhere tomorrow in it though. Thanks for telling us!

Irishmama

I'll check mine tomorrow, though I've never had that happen before. Let us know what Graco finds though! Thanks for sharing.

bethng

Has she checked to make sure nothing is caught in the harness adjuster? It's good that Graco is looking at it.

yup. she is very good with car seats. I taught her well! This has not ever happend before. Its a sudden problem that just came on yesterday.

Baylor

Well please make sure you let us know what happened. Has she tried playing with the adjuster to see if it is stuck? I tried really hard this morning pulling them but Nothing. They are as tight as ever.

emandbri

How scary! I checked my sweet pea and it seems okay, granted it is only a few weeks old. I will try daisy out tonight.

bethng

Graco sent her a new bottom piece to the seat and no more harness slipping. She will report them to NHTSA

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC