Question Time To FF?

ranebowchild

Hi. My daughter (she'll be 3 yr. old in a month) has been riding RF in a Britax Boulevard CS.The RFing weight limit is 35 lbs, as long as the top of her head is 1 inch or more below the top of the seat shell.
She weighs 32 lbs and is exactly 3 feet (36") tall.
She still has about 1 1/2" before she is too tall to RF in this seat.
I am feeling really anxious about turning her FF. Should I be?
I want to keep her RF as long as possible, even if that means buying a new seat with a higher RF weight limit.
Because she is tall, I am afraid that a new seat wouldn't give us much more RF time. Do you think she will outgrow the RF height limit on a new seat before she reaches the RF weight limit.
I do plan on buying a new seat eventually anyways, because I want to keep her in a five point harness for as long as possible and the seat she has only goes to 65lbs. But I could make that purchase much later, instead of now.
I just want her to be as safe as possible. Please help!
Can anyone recommend a carseat for her if you think we should go that route?
Thanks SO much! :)

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Because we moved it to the Canadian forum, since you said you needed Canadian options. As a registered user you can always go to User CP at the top left navigation bar and see all the threads to which you've posted.

Wendy

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Usually, threads that are moved have a redirection for at least a few days, so that if you bookmarked the link it would automatically direct you to the new location. They expire after a time, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC