Leg room in Radian vs Scenera AKA help me justify the RN80

glockchick

I'm trying really, really hard to justify the price of Radians instead of Sceneras for the kids since they both still fit in the Scenera. ;)

DD's leg room
8e64aae6.jpg

DS's
ec5b9b00.jpg

DD is 4 years, 7 months old and 37.5 lbs.

DS is 3 years, 1 month old and 31.5 lbs last check. He's probably a bit more now because that was taken right after he'd been sick. He had been up to 35 lbs before.

Anyone have pics of their kid in both?

Last edited:
ADS

MissAllyLou

This is a back up car, right? I wouldn't spend the money on Radians :eek: . That's just me, though. They both have plenty of room in the Scenera, as long as it's not an everyday seat, I wouldn't spend the money on Radians. :twocents:

glockchick

No. It's the car they're in twice a day, mon-fri now every other week. The suburban is only used on the weekends and any other time I have to take more than 3 kids.

Kat_Momof3

for your daughter, I could justify it... the headroom, the higher weight limit... and because your son can inherit it.

but for both kids, I couldn't rationalize two.

I would probably get a scenera 40 for your son... and the Radian for your daughter.

glockchick

Yeah. They're in that car much more often but Kaleigh starts school next year so she really only needs a full time seat in my car until June.

menfusse

I'll enable :p.

Not the best pics illustrating the difference, but there is a huge one as far as leg room.
carseatpics016.jpg

radiancenter008.jpg

I got the RN for the same reasons. E had a LONG time to go in the scenera. But, the RN was just more comfy RF, so....we got it.

How's that for enabling?

glockchick

Works for me. I wish I could be sure it would fit in my suburban too. I made the FR85 fit in the middle after I was sure it wouldn't. Maybe the same trick would work with the RN as well. :whistle:

Kat_Momof3

yeah, she'll start school, but being that petite, I could see her lasting at least through the next summer... and again, it's a seat that you can pass down to your son when he needs it or she outgrows it.... and that seat has one long 8yr lifespan.

glockchick

Kaleigh is 40 lbs fully clothed and CJ is 32 lbs in a t-shirt and fresh diaper.

So that rules out every rf-ing seat for Kaleigh other than the RN 80 or XT.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC