Complete LOSS for words..

MySillyKids

I was out packing up my van to go to a well baby visit. I go outside, and there's a GUY driving with his windows down, with a 1.5 year old HANGING OUT THE WINDOW. he was in the passanger seat no less, of course unrestrained! i was Yelling at him. WHAT IN THE WORLD makes you think that's alright. I whipped out my keychain for reporting a child unbuckled and called. Wow. Just Wow.

ADS

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I whipped out my keychain for reporting a child unbuckled and called. Wow. Just Wow.

What is this keychain? I really need one. I keep missing my idiot neighbor and his sitting-in-the-cab-of-a-truck-unresticted-in-any-way toddler grandsons.

Loves2sing

That key chain idea sounds amazing! Where do you get one?

That guys is obviously a complete moron! When will people learn?!

MySillyKids

The keychain is from our local govener's office of Highway Safety. On the back of it it says "SEE AN UNbuckled child? Call 1800-505-baby" Then on the bottom it says " Please dont risk your child's life - always BUCKLE UP!"

:D Best keychain Ever :)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I wonder if that number is for local only? I might need to talk to someone about that (elections are going on soon)

Loves2sing

So does that # only work in your state? Cause I would love to even make something like that with a local phone# for when I see parents endangering their kids lives. But then again, I have heard that a lot of truck drivers just call 911, cause they believe it is an emergency, and you know what? They are right. You would be dialing 911 so fast if you saw a 3 year old carrying around a loaded gun, what's the difference when you see a child sitting completley unrestrained in a vehicle? They are more likely to get hurt or killed in the car then with the gun anyway. Imo.

MySillyKids

I cant imagine calling it when i'm on the road. You need their Car make/model/color/ license plate, where you were driving Etc.

This looser was right out front of my house, and he was going like 15 MPH, HOWEVER that STILL doesnt make it Okay! The kid was STANDING on the seat, playing with the visor, he was jumping on the seat, with the window's down, When he drove by the 4th time is when i started yelling at the driver. the kid (baby) was leaning out the window, with his hands out.

I'm uploading pics of the keychain right now.

I hope you all don't think I"m rude because I am a new poster and all. But an 800 # is national. Helloooooo!!!!!

Kudos to the OP for calling the # on that moron!

Hugs to all that love our children sooo dearly that we care about car seat safety.

Lisa
DS Seth in a Scenera & a FPSVD & still RF!

MySillyKids

I hope you all don't think I"m rude because I am a new poster and all. But an 800 # is national. Helloooooo!!!!!

Kudos to the OP for calling the # on that moron!

Hugs to all that love our children sooo dearly that we care about car seat safety.

Lisa
DS Seth in a Scenera & a FPSVD & still RF!

Helllooooooooooo!! and Welcome Lisa! :)

You're right I guess it would be a national # because its an 800#. I'm surprised more of you dont know about it! :D

lovinwaves

Actually, just because a phone number is a "800" number does not indicate Everyone can use it.

"800" numbers are simply "free phone numbers", but are not accesible to everyone. Meaning I am here in Missouri and can not call Mysillyboys local 800 number for reporting unrestrained children.

They have set it up to where only certain phone numbers can access this 1-800 number.

Oh, and "Welcome to the Car-Seat.org Forum"

Actually, just because a phone number is a "800" number does not indicate Everyone can use it.

"800" numbers are simply "free phone numbers", but are not accesible to everyone. Meaning I am here in Missouri and can not call Mysillyboys local 800 number for reporting unrestrained children.

They have set it up to where only certain phone numbers can access this 1-800 number.

Oh, and "Welcome to the Car-Seat.org Forum"

Hee hee, you smacked me into place. LOL... I needed the smack. :whistle: I decide to internet sleuth after your post. If you just go to google & search report an unrestrained child & then your stae your staes 800# should show up in your results.

And thx for the welcome too.

mominabigtruck

Well I call all the time when I'm on the road, normally on highways. As long as they don't hop off somewhere I follow them until I see that they get pulled over and I can give minute by minute directions to the dispatcher.

Loves2sing

Hee hee, you smacked me into place. LOL... I needed the smack. :whistle: I decide to internet sleuth after your post. If you just go to google & search report an unrestrained child & then your stae your staes 800# should show up in your results.

And thx for the welcome too.

Did it happen to have Canadian #s too?

skaterbabs

Not all states have a 800 # for unrestrained kids, but 911 is what I use. An unrestrained child is one bump away from serious injury or death. That counts as an emergency.

southpawboston

this may sound stupid, but why put yet another item on your keychain (mine already is too bulky to fit in my pocket)? can't you just store the number in your cell phone and name it something appropriate so it's always easy to find??? :confused:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Did it happen to have Canadian #s too?

I've memorized our police non-emerg # and call it - it goes straight into the precinct and the officer who answers will dispatch a car, it just doesn't use 911. If I was somewhere where I didn't have a ph # though, I'd just call 911.

Laurenc0101

I've memorized our police non-emerg # and call it - it goes straight into the precinct and the officer who answers will dispatch a car, it just doesn't use 911. If I was somewhere where I didn't have a ph # though, I'd just call 911.

Me too;) I don't have the non-emergency number memorized, but it is stored in my cell phone and I have used it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC