Trying to help out an acquaintance..

Zaiyne

Big Lots differ from store to store. I do know the one here has triumphs, compass and evenflo infant seats. I don't remember the prices but they were $40-100(they had one with a shield :thumbsdown: and I don't remember what seat was what price). The store here usually has a decent seat for a good price. GoodLuck on getting those kiddos in good seats!!

ADS

tech_raechel

Senior Community Member
Just wanted to add a caution about the Chase for kiddos that size - you might want to try them first. I've seen issues with the harness not adjusting snug enough for kids near the minimum weight - all depends on their build. With the adjuster being on the harness, sometimes it gets in the way.

Maybe if you post what state you're in someone here might know of some specific places/programs that can help.

Connor's Mom

I don't know what area that you live in but I googled "car seat assistance for low income families" and several loaner and distribution programs in several states/cities come up.
You are such a kind friend to be doing this!

sfeitler

Does BRU/TRU still do "twin" discounts? You might find out--I think they used to do a pretty good discount if you were buying two of the same seat.

-Sarah

jaded

I'm in North Dakota, in the county I'm in, Safe Kids is the only place to get carseats from, because of the installation station. That gets all the funding for this county.

I could try to ask about the twin discount at TRU, no BRU up here at all. And I forgot about the fact that smaller kids don't fit well in the Chase, I did own an Express years ago, but I bought it for a 35lber, so it fit him. And the smaller child I used it for once was heavy enough that it worked too.

I'm calling the Safe Kids this afternoon though, to explain the situation a bit further.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC